Commencing Attempt #14

Options
Hey there, everyone!

I just downloaded the MFP app for the iPhone and completed my account online... this place looks to be a motivating, positive, lively and fun realm of great folks all interconnected via healthy goals!

The name's Kevin - 38 year-old father of two... I've always had trouble 'gaining' weight in my twenties... then I got married and became overly comfortable - and within 2 years I was up about 40 lbs. So then it was apparent that gaining weight was no longer difficult. Layyy-muh! That's been about 8+ years ago.

The reference to "Attempt #14" is due to this being my 14th attempt to shed the unwanted fat and replace it with some much wanted muscle - replace the doo-doo food with some much needed healthy grub - replace the low energy sloth-like existence with a more high energy, gazelle-like existence... I think that's a wond... wait, gazelle? That's an odd animal to use... ah well.

Eating right, hiking, walking, Insanity... "Hey fat, meet Mr. Kale Berry Orange Cucumber - straight our of Breville Juicer, California!"

I'm looking forward to posting progress, reading inspirational success stories, reinforcing positive, eh, reinforcement, encouraging others, and joining everyone here for some crazy fun journeys!

Kev_

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the sight.

You can do this and starting with your food is a great place to begin. :drinker:
  • smekiawilliams
    smekiawilliams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds like attempt #14 will be the last attempt and you will soon be able to declare it a success! We are all here to support you to your goal. Hang in there, it will happen! And thanks for the add, I really needed friends like you and I am already feeling stronger about not giving in to my temptations!
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Yes, 14 will be my lucky number, indeed...

Going from 3500 - 4000 calories per day, down to about 1500 is tough... but I look forward to 'feeling' good all the time, as opposed to feeling good while I'm ordering the Double Whopper (and not feeling good when I've taken the last bite - yeesh that's always lame).

Thanks again! Looking forward to struggling and succeeding together!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is good you are still trying!! I always thought my failed 'diets' were a waste, but then think of how much you may have gained if you didn't try. Good luck
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks tekwriter... I've learned quite a bit from the failed attempts... and yes, most likely avoided adding even more weight!

Happy Progress and best of luck to you too!