Hi Everyone

Options
I have been using MFP for about 2 weeks now. I am hoping to keep this up, but as for right now I am getting unmotivated. For seems reason I am gaining weight and not losing. I started this program at 128 now I am 131. I hate seeing this on the scale, but I am hoping it gets worse before it gets better :( I see a lot of people are making great progress hopefully that can be me soon. :)

Replies

• KimsGoal130
    Options
    Good luck! I have been exercsing and journaling my food for about a week and have gained 1 pound. I hope that this fluctuation is normal...
  • yrivera1984
    yrivera1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well maybe this is a normal thing. At least lets hope so.
  • keeno67
    keeno67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing as you in the past. Took my metabolism a couple weeks to adjust to my new diet. There is an excellent post on this forum somewhere by a nutritionist that explains this is great detail.
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group! Just remember that your not only trying to loose weight but build up muscle. So your weight gain may not be pounds of fat but pounds of muscle and that is a great thing to add up! Keep it up and dont worry about the scale just feel the changes and roll out your red carpet and smile! you deserve it!