Rasberry Keytones and Green Coffee Bean Extract

I am interested to learn if anyone has had any success with either of these two supplement touted on Dr. OZ? On the internet I read nothing but great things, but when I tried both, I got nothing. The girl on Dr. OZ said she drank beer and ate pizza, and still lost 5 pounds. I watched everything I ate and exercised regularly while taking them, but didn't experience any actual weight loss. I have this fear that I got knock-off inferior supplements (due in part to all the hype from the Dr. Oz show). I notice that reputable vitamin manufacterers like Jamieson, Nature Made, etc do not make them. Have you had any experience with either of these suppliements? I am aware that my solution is not going to come in a pill! Just seeking a little help...:sad:

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Dr. Oz is a load of phooey.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/01/
    can_you_trust_dr_oz_his_medical_advice_often_conflicts_with_the_best_science.html
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    use the "search" at the top of the page. Someone posts about these at least twice a day.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    I haven't tried the green coffee bean extract but have taken the Raspberry Ketones and had very good luck with those. It does really depend on the milligrams you take and where you buy them though. I have tried the walmart ones and they are much too weak and do nothing. And I have tried ordering them online and I see little difference with them. However when buying the pure form from the health food store I have had really good luck. I like the Liquid Raspberry Ketones you can buy there. I have seen some boosted weightloss with that.
  • gilikeyou
    gilikeyou Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for your reply. This is exactly the type of information I was seeking!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    If you go to the "Success Stories" section of the forums, you'll find a TON of really inspiring success stories.

Not one attributes success to these two things.
  • Noooooooooo. DO NOT use these. The only think that will get you the body you want is weightlifting and eating whole, unprocessed foods
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Noooooooooo. DO NOT use these. The only think that will get you the body you want is weightlifting and eating whole, unprocessed foods

Or really just weight lifting and a calorie deficit or surplus, depending on your current goals
  • I have the green coffee bean extract pills here at the house..been skeptical in using them though. They are "supposed" to help with your metabolism. Think I'm just gonna stick to all natural way of doing things though.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Save your money

Exercise

Eat at a caloric deficit

That is "the magic method" to weight loss
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    If you go to the "Success Stories" section of the forums, you'll find a TON of really inspiring success stories.

Not one attributes success to these two things.

Truer words were never spoken!

...although I do think some of my success is due to black coffee and fresh raspberries (and a whole lot of other fruits and veggies!)
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    My sister (whom I've begged and pleaded with to get her on here) takes these religiously and says they work. Um...sweetie, they're not working. She's just as heavy as she's ever been. I think you have to take the green coffee bean extract three times a day, with a glass of water, 30 minutes before a meal. To me that shows that the glass of water is what's affecting your appetite, and not the pill. Why don't you try that? Drink a glass of water before every meal. It's a lot cheaper than those pills.
  • dwilliam116
    dwilliam116 Posts: 18 Member
    There are a very small amount of keytones in raspberries. Imagine the cost to produce one pill if they have to extract it from real raspberries. Instead they sell synthetic raspberry keytones which cost pennies to produce. They only people that these products are good for are the people who sell them. Forget Dr. Oz.....you have to stick it out with diet and exercise.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    My humble opinion is that your continued success is directly related to the amount of healthy eating and working out that you do, not to the supplement du jour.:smile:

I am not trying to be snotty...It's just that I've learned from experience that none of these "miracle" supplements are going to do ANYTHING unless one is eating well and burning calories, and then it isn't the supplement, it's the effort one puts into the goal over time.
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    My husband took Raspberry Keytones after seeing them promoted by Dr. Oz. He took them for about 3 months.

He lost weight when he ate healthy. He gained weight when he ate bad.

My Conclusion : They are a joke.

Counting your calories and exercising are key.
  • I've tried both and had no results whatsoever with either one of them. Returned and got my money back. But....what doesn't work for some might work for others. Good luck!