Need tips for low budget protein

Options
2»

Replies

• guardian_of_freedom
    Options
    Broccoli is low in calories, high in potassium and protein.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Tuna is cheap and easy, but high in sodium if you have to worry about that. 39 g for a $1.65 pouch @ wal mart. It is also calorie efficient. Only 180 cals.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    chicken, tuna, eggs, fish...

if you are on a serious budget i'd think you'd get more bang for your buck buying real food for protein than trying to get it in with supplements/bars/powders/etc.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Beans, beans, the magical fruit! LOL
  • stevenyuzk
    stevenyuzk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Beans, beans, the magical fruit! LOL

dont want to fart all day lol
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I am doing a 40/40/20 macro split on a 1900 calorie diet. I am having a hard time hitting the proteins diet to even get to 200g per day.

I have a low budget and I can't afford doing 3-4 scoops of whey per day (around 35g per scoop). any tips on getting cheap protein? Just protein and minimum everything else please. (i dont want to resort to chugging cottage cheese)

thanks

Chicken breast, whole eggs, tuna fish, cottage cheese, ground beef, lentil beans
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You can make your own greek yogurt. All you need is a crockpot and something to strain it (bowl, colander, cheesecloth or tight-woven dishtowel). Cheap cause you only pay for the milk and a starter yogurt and get about 8 cups of greek yogurt out of 2 quarts of milk.
    Or you can buy regular plain yogurt and strain it to get greek yogurt. Higher protein for the same calorie count.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Chinese style tofu, it's better than you think.

Yes! Use it in a fruit smoothie.

I think Japanese style is a better texture for smoothies and mixes.