5'4 ladies plz post how many calories a day

Options

Replies

• Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'3". 1400 calories with adjustments for exercise. 1200 just wasn't working for me so I am fine with slower weight loss. My goal is a satisfied, sustainable, healthy lifestyle.
  • lachancegirl
    lachancegirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'3". 1400 calories with adjustments for exercise. 1200 just wasn't working for me so I am fine with slower weight loss. My goal is a satisfied, sustainable, healthy lifestyle.

That's how I wanna be too! I want something I can stay with my whole life!!
  • veggiegirl117
    Options
    5'4 136 lbs 1200-1500, usually 1300!
  • Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And 3-4 weeks for 5 lbs is fine. Pick up a 5 lb weight and there is some heft to it! Give yourself credit for losing that 5 lbs. Takes time. I also recommend strength training, that really stokes the metabolism!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's taken 3-4 weeks to lose only 5 pounds. I thought it would come off quicker!

Seriously, there is NOTHING wrong with the pace you are at now. You didn't gain it over night and you definitely won't lose it over night either. It takes time to undo weight gain. A slow steady pace will have better chances of keeping the weight off than quick loss eating in a way that is not sustainable long term. I'm 5' 2.9" tall and I have lost 40lbs since April of 2012. Yes it's a slow loss but I know I can eat and exercise this way for the rest of my life. I eat about 1416 calories/day, more if I exercise a lot that day. Once i reach my goal weight, it'll be upped to about 1800-2100/ day depending on what activities i've done that day. If you keep at it and be patient, it will come...in a healthy slow paced way.:smile:
    :bigsmile:

^^^^ This exactly!!!!!-5'4= 141llbs=1200-I do not eat my exercise calories-
  • whenthepawn
    Options
    I've got a target of 1500 but try to be a bit under...I would not be good on 1200 I know I would end up hungry and snacking so this seems to be just right for now :-)
  • 17tip
    17tip Posts: 1
    Options
    5'4" (in mid 50's I was told after having my metabolism professionally calculated to not go below 1400 calories or my system would store fat.) I am going with 1200 to 1400 cal per day but closely monitoring fat and protein to make sure I eat the recommended % so I don't go hungry. Make sure that your fat is primarily the good fat known as MUFA (nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, avocado, olives, dark chocolate, soybeans, etc) To start I'll have same favorite brft, lunch and snack for first few weeks and only alter dinner to minimize calculations and concentrate on eating every 3 to 4 hours. I have put a lot of work into this plan and will begin Monday. I'll let you know how I do if you'd like. Good luck.

PS My trainer suggested to take your ideal weight (ie 130 lbs) and add a zero for target calories per day (ie 1300 per day).
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I started at 191 (started MFP at around 189) and am 178 now. Was at 1200 but upped it to 1500. I haven't been able to eat up to that much yet (that's a lot of food for me now, although I used to be able to eat that much just for dinner) but I'm working up to getting around there. I lost a good amount of weight in the beginning at 1200 but it's just too little to sustain. Weight-loss stalled pretty quickly at 1200 as well.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5". I lost 30 pounds since last April eating 1200 cal a day, plus exercise calories. A few weeks ago I decided to change things up, and I now consume 1500-1800 a day, depending on my level of exercise for the day. Technically it is the same amount of food, but I spend a ton less time calculating and logging absolutely everything.

The weight went on relatively slowly, therefore it should be coming off slowly too. My 'rate' has been between 5 and 6 pounds monthly. Yes you read that correctly, monthly. For me, that is perfectly fine. If I continue to achieve my weekly goals, I will easily reach my goal weight within 2013. Expecting to lose more than 2 pounds in a week is extremely unlikely to be successful long term. My goal is more like 0.75-1 pound per week.
  • Hey__Im__Krista
    Options
    pfft, this person clearly isnt ready to lose if she thinks lowering calories is the solution.

impatience = failure -- maybe you should work on that first then try and lose weight
  • weemocky1mags
    weemocky1mags Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 and I find if I stick to 1200 cals that its a slower loss. I now try eat 1500 cals. Aim for 3lb loss each week, which I think is plenty. I weigh 164lbs

Feel free to add me guys
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I eat 1800 calories, but dont' eat the exercise calories back. I am following the road map.

I have lost a pound a week so far doing this.
  • weemocky1mags
    weemocky1mags Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry that Shud hav said I aim for 2-3 lb a week and I eat more if I exercise
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5.4" and 169 lb. I too am following the road map and eat 1700 daily (I average this out over the week)
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months to lose 25 lbs. slow is good sometimes
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    5'4", 36 yo, 130 pounds. I average 2,000 per day. 1,800 on light exercise days and 2,200 on lift days.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good job on the 5 lbs, that is really really good start.

I´m 5´5 and I eat between 1200 and 1500 net calories. 1200 is hard but 1500 is comfortable. I have been on it for 2 weeks and lost 2 lbs each week. I work out moderately and drink a lot fo water since I started. I have never in my life regardless of the diet was able to lose more than 2 lbs a week.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    It's taken 3-4 weeks to lose only 5 pounds. I thought it would come off quicker!

That is strange, i lost 5 pounds a week for the first 4 weeks but now it's slowed down to 2-3 pounds a week
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    5'4", 127 pounds. Calories vary depending on my mood and other factors. Can be anywhere from 600-1500.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and currently weigh 200lbs. I eat over 1600 a day.. plus exercise. I would rather eat more and get enough protein so I don't lose my muscle mass which happens from eating too little.

Weight is supposed to come off slowly.. that is what helps to keep the weight off. Losing weight too quickly will results in muscle and fat loss.