Falling way below my budget

Options
Every single day that I have tracked I've ended up drastically under my calorie budget. I know how dangerous this is, and I have actively tried to eat enough every single day.

I have two problems here:
1) I really don't want to be eating junk, so I've been picking really nutrient dense foods to eat.
2) I'm becoming full on less and don't want to eat just to eat if I'm not hungry.

My MFP set goal is 2030 calories, plus the 300-500 calories from my daily workouts. I checked my TDEE and BMR and all that jazz, and 2030 is about right for my body, in fact it is on the low side of what I was calculating for my goal on my own.

In the past 8 days since I started here, I've been averaging 1,330 calories a day. Some days I've fallen under 1,000. I really don't want to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry and don't want to go back to eating ****ty food, but I'm scared that I'm eating WAY below my BMR. It is hard to fight that little voice in my head that says, the less calories the better.

Any advice?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Take a medium avocado, mash with salsa, eat with tortilla chips. Almost 400 calories and a yummy yummy snack.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You probably are eating below your BMR. It's not about eating "more", but eat smarter. Find foods that are higher in calories. Like peanut butter, eggs, olive oil, avocado oil, nuts, etc.

Maybe add in a protein shake with your day. I use Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate. One scoop is 120. If you make it with anything other than milk - then, of course, more calories (i.e. milk, bananas, strawberries, etc.)

There are also snacks that are pretty higher in calories, like Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey - they are about 190 cals I believe.

Don't be scared to eat meat, etc unless you are going vegetarian/vegan - than look into products like soy, Morningstar, Boca, etc.