New Momma here needs some motivation!

Hey everyone!! I'm 27 years old mother of 4 and I'm trying to get healthy not only for myself but mainly for my kids so I can run around and have fun with them stead of being out of breathe ya know! I don't know much about exercising or eating right, when and all that other mumbo jumbo. It just confuses me. I was going to gym everyday from 1hr to 3 hr but got bored quickly. Husband says I mainly need to focus on cardio( elliptical and treadmill) for right now till I get alil more I don't know.. whatever. Anyways I was doing both 35 mins a night. Now.. for the past three days I was sick and did something to my shoulder so hadn't gone. I went last night but haven't yet tonight. I want to just cant find the motivation, although I am thinking about doing one of the p90x workouts...
I need some friends that will help me stay on track and motivate me! I have a gym membership and also p90x!! Helppp!!! Be my friend!!

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Good for you for deciding to make a lifestyle change! This site is full of great info and motivation. As a mom of young children, I know how hard it can be to stick with a good plan. I'd suggest you read this post before you dive into anything else:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    It really will give you some ideas on where to start in this journey. Welcome!
  • vivek85
    vivek85 Posts: 25 Member
    Self motivation is a key. Of course, when you have people to motivate you then it will take to another horizon (Like adding nitro to your car). However, you can still reach the goal with the petrol. That's what I say to myself quite often. Imagine a healthier you from an year on and you will be a completely a different person. Just like this ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdjiiCGN0X0).

I attempted not once or twice but three times to loose weight. Just like you, I went to gym and got bored or distracted in a month.
    I was shy among other fit guys in the gym and still I am. Now, I stay at home and using my cross trainer. Tried doing some weight, bought some dumbbells but I felt sick and lazy. I didn't regret it, instead I am still continuing with my elliptical while watching my favourite sports. so far I lost 6kg in 50 days. Just like my friend KMS said it is not a sprint race but it is a marathon.