DUMB question

Options
Ordinarily I am not a late night snacker, so never thought about it till I just went to enter a very late night snack and the duary switcged to the next day.... do people go by midnight starting the next day, or do you enter a late snack on the previoys day becayse you haven't slept yet. Just curious

Replies

• jennlove79
    jennlove79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I normally add it to the previous day's log because my day doesn't end until I go to sleep
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'd put it on the day before. As long as my weekly goal is met, or close to it, it'll be the same either way honestly.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I split my days with sleep.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I split my days with sleep.

^^ This makes it easy. I do the same. Especially if, for example, you have plenty of calories left on the day and you have a good sized snack. If you didn't put it on the previous day, you would start the next day minus some good amount of calories. As Textmessage said, it really is about the whole week though.

I can't imagine how much fun it is to manage the food calendar for those working second or third shift :)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    midnight to midnight for me as I used to be a night shift worker
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    I work nights so my new day starts at midnight . I am up all kinds of weird hours.Does make it more of a challenge.
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    I go midnight to midnight because I work night shift as well. Hours in the day don't matter to me...as long as I'm logging for 24 consecutive hours. My diary on nights I work ends up looking sparse because I only eat breakfast and a late lunch...my "dinner" actually ends up being after midnight on the next calendar day. I've found that if I eat my meal at work before midnight I'm starving and will eat anything I can get my hands on by 3 AM.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If I hadn't reached my calorie goal, I eat and add it to the previous day and start fresh when I wake up.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I logged it for the calendar day I ate it. I had that problem when I worked midnight shifts.

God bless,
    Karen
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    If I hadn't reached my calorie goal, I eat and add it to the previous day and start fresh when I wake up.

^^ this.

But if I'm already over, I'll add it to the next day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Your body doesn't gain or lose weight based on the color of the numbers on the in your diary. Your body will gain or lose weight if you are in a calorie deficit or surplus for a longer amount of time (7-10 days).

Log the food wherever. But by the end of the week try to be at your calorie goal