Kind of a weird NSV

Options
I've lost about 105 pounds from my heaviest weight over the past several years with lots of time just maintaining. I lost most of it when I had moved to another state. Now that I am back and running into old friends and acquaintances, they don't recognize me. Even my best friend's Mom! At first I was kind of offended and then I realized that it isn't that they don't remember me, but that I look like a different person. I'm still thinking it over, but I'm glad they don't recognize me because I look better instead of looking worse.

Replies

• glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! I'd take that as a compliment for sure :)
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    That's awesome. Sound like you had quite the transformation. Congratulations
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    my own MOTHER didn't recognize me the other day!!!!! She lives in another state, but was up working on a house she rents out and I just happened to run into her at home depot. I smiled and waved as I walked up to her and she just looked away, when I got to her I was all offend and said hello and she jumped and exclaimed she didnt realize it was me - my own fraking mother!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely be flattered! You've made an awesome change, congrats!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    my own MOTHER didn't recognize me the other day!!!!! She lives in another state, but was up working on a house she rents out and I just happened to run into her at home depot. I smiled and waved as I walked up to her and she just looked away, when I got to her I was all offend and said hello and she jumped and exclaimed she didnt realize it was me - my own fraking mother!

Wow, that's amazing! Good job on that transformation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!