On Your REST days, how many calories do you eat?

Options
On your rest days... do you eat your target cals, or do you eat like you've excecised?

Replies

• hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    On days I don't work out, I try very hard to just eat my target calories (for me 1420). I don't always hit it, but I give it a good try.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I eat my MFP alloted amount of 1200 calories.
  • miss_alias
    Options
    I find that on my rest days I am actually hungrier. Does that make any sense? I have no idea why but that's the way it is. I usually eat like I've exercised that day but maybe 100 or 200 calories less. It seems to be working.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to my allotted 1250 calories. Somedays it's tough and I go over. I'm always hungry.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If i dont work out...I try to eat less than my recommended.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat my target calories, unless I'm on a date with hubby..... getting better with that, though. Yesterday I ordered a turkey sandwich with no mayo, and enjoyed it just as much as I would have enjoyed something else! :drinker: It's the COMPANY, NOT the fat food!! :heart: :love:

If I'm on a rest day and eat more than my allotted calories, I try to get extra exercise in, even if it means dragging my exercise bike into our bathroom while our little guy is in the bathtub. :laugh:
  • Boston_Mommy
    Options
    On days I don't work out I try and stick to my NP's suggested 1,000 calories and days I work out I let myself have around 1,200.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I only eat what MFP tells me I can. So no exercise - no extra calories.

I will admit that those are the days that I tend to go over just a bit vs being just under on my exercise days.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    This is something I struggle with because my body gets used to eating a certain amount (In my case 2500 calories) and on Sunday (my rest day) my family usually likes to eat out after church. I go over practically every week cause my body is craving the 2500 even though I did not work off that extra 1000 that morning.

I do TRY to stay a bit under each of the other days so it usually does not affect me too bad as I am still averaging 2-3 pounds a week.