Another NROL4W post.....

Options
Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.....

So, got me a copy of NROL4W and finally wrapped my head around the workout plan (that was a workout in itself!)

My question is this, I know the book says 3 x a week, ideally Mon, Weds and Fri, that is lovely for folk that don't have other commitments, but I am a Nurse that works shifts, and have a four year old.

So this week I can work out Tue, Weds and Thurs, does it matter I wont have 24 hours in between?

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    :/
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My routine gets affected in the same way. At the end of the day while it us ideal to give your muscles recovery time, it's not the end of the world if you train two days in a row. Is rather do that than not get my workout
  • mrmaniac
    mrmaniac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is important to give your muscles a day of rest in between each workout. They will simply not be able to handle the stress of being worked out 3 days in a row - I think there will definitely be a risk at least of overtraining them and probably injuring yourself TBH. This will especially be true if you're lifting heavy (I haven't read New Rules of Lifting but I assume that's what it advises you to do?)

I know that you have a pretty tough shift pattern as a nurse (I used to be an HCA so I know your pain lol) but what you could do instead is split up the workouts so that you're working different muscles each time so each group of muscles can have a break for a day whilst you work others.

What kind of workout plan does it advise?