I've got a big ego...

Options

Replies

• ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fri 03/12/10 11:45 AMQUOTE:

Yes! my increased indurance, and my shoulders which used to look like I was ready to play football, my eyes which seem to be getting bigger now that my face is thinning out and my almost gone double chin not that i love a double chin but do love the fact that it isn't really there unless I bow my head.

And... it looks like you're going to blow your next mini-goal away. So good job!

How freakin awesome is that I didn't even realize, Thank you!
    It's nice to forget about those things i'm just enjoying getting there. now.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love how my backside is looking. I cannot get over how muscular my glutes have become. Haha. Wasn't expecting that, but it's an awesome side effect of getting stronger!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    To the people who mentioned it... embrace the booty! :bigsmile:
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better about myself now that I am actually doing this. I feel positive about myself for the first time ever.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that I did 3 miles on the eliptical at a jogging pace without stopping! And I love that I'm finally getting to the point that I'm hearing..."Are you losing weight?" :smile:
  • themethod
    Options
    I LOVE that I did 3 miles on the eliptical at a jogging pace without stopping! And I love that I'm finally getting to the point that I'm hearing..."Are you losing weight?" :smile:

I think something happens around the 20/25 lb mark that makes people really notice the difference. Great work!
  • themethod
    Options
    I feel so much better about myself now that I am actually doing this. I feel positive about myself for the first time ever.

I'm so happy for you!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    To the people who mentioned it... embrace the booty! :bigsmile:

I would:devil: ...but I'm pretty sure I'd get smacked:laugh:
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    Love this thread, I needed it today as I was feeling like I was hitting a bit of a mental wall.

And just to join in, I love starting to see some abs!
  • themethod
    Options
    Love this thread, I needed it today as I was feeling like I was hitting a bit of a mental wall.

And just to join in, I love starting to see some abs!

Thanks for finding us! We love abs, too. Ha! And I also love your pictures of your animals and your hammock.

Today, I love that I tried on my favorite workout pants, and I realized that I can't wear them anymore because they're too big. Happy Saturday!
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love my toned arms and I'm starting to love my new, clear complexion!
  • themethod
    Options
    I love my toned arms and I'm starting to love my new, clear complexion!

Skin clearing up was a great one for me, too!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I live in a two story, so I am excited I can run up the stairs 3 at a time without a change in my breathing!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I love that my belly does not hang over my pants anymore!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love that my son, (who used to tell me I was fat... (he was young and didn't realize it was a painfully true observation), now says "Mommy, you're skinny!" ---maybe when I lose all the weight he'll say things like, "Mommy you're really strong, or really fast, or really skinny"

: )
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my recently toned arms.... it's almost borderline-obsession. :tongue: I can't help it, I'm always looking at them, feeling them. :bigsmile: I also like feeling gradually toning abs/sides. Yay, me!

Thanks for this thread.... it's nice to know I'm not alone in my obsession. :laugh:
  • themethod
    Options
    I love that my son, (who used to tell me I was fat... (he was young and didn't realize it was a painfully true observation), now says "Mommy, you're skinny!" ---maybe when I lose all the weight he'll say things like, "Mommy you're really strong, or really fast, or really skinny"

So cute!
  • themethod
    Options
    I'm loving my recently toned arms.... it's almost borderline-obsession. :tongue: I can't help it, I'm always looking at them, feeling them. :bigsmile: I also like feeling gradually toning abs/sides. Yay, me!

Thanks for this thread.... it's nice to know I'm not alone in my obsession. :laugh:

I fully encourage the obsession! So many of us disliked so many things about ourselves and our appearance for so long... if we can find one small thing that we really love about the way we look now, it doesn't seem that hard to start loving everything else. :)
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I think something happens around the 20/25 lb mark that makes people really notice the difference. Great work!

It's so true! Nobody even noticed till I was in that range! GREAT JOB!
    ~And thanks for this post! It's made me celebrate the little victories and appreciate everyone else here who is working towards goals and making peace with our bodies!~
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love a bunch of things (or how much they're improved!) I can tell a huge difference in my chin and cheeks. Used to when I smiled I could barely even see my eyes cause my cheeks were so big lol! Now my eyes look much bigger - as someone else noticed on themselves... My stomach doesn't hang over my jeans in a disguesting mess anymore, and I can see a lot of definition in my legs and arms. I've always had muscular legs, but they're more toned now that when I played sports in school! Also I can walk up a hill or up stairs without breathing like I just ran a mile at 15 mph.. lol

Thanks for starting this thread.. it is great to be able to look at ourselves while still in the "during" phase and be able to see great changes and brag a little!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!