New and obsessed!

Options
Hello All,

I just recently joined, and have been using MFP for about 3 weeks now, since then I've lost 10 pounds! I was doing a cleanse (fruit/vegetable) when I started, so I think that's why I dropped weight so fast.

But like I said, I'm kinda obsessed with this site already!! As soon as I eat I log it, and as soon as I exercise I log it! It holds me accountable, and keeps me on track throughout the day, and that's what I love about it. I never realized how many calories I ate during the day, and how easy it is to consume your entire daily calorie count in a breakfast meal and not even realize it. Food is very tricky, it likes to play games with us, so we just have to be smarter then the food, and use it to our advantage, while making it delicious! I'm learning new tricks everyday now to make meals healthier.

I have no friends on this site, and none of my friends seem to want to join, so if you see this and want to add me, then please do so. I'm still trying to figure this site out and whatnot, so I probably only know a few of the benefits this site truely has to offer.

I wish everyone much luck in there journey to bettering themselves.
:bigsmile: :smooched: :tongue: :laugh: :wink:

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome & congrats to you!! MFP is wonderful!! Good luck to you on your continued journey & success! :drinker:
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    Hi Jamie! Welcome to MFP! I live in Anchorage. Nice to see another Alaskan here! :bigsmile: Looks like you are doing great so far!:drinker: Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and well wishes to you on your journey!
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    I never realized how many calories I ate during the day, and how easy it is to consume your entire daily calorie count in a breakfast meal and not even realize it. Food is very tricky, it likes to play games with us, so we just have to be smarter then the food, and use it to our advantage, while making it delicious! I'm learning new tricks everyday now to make meals healthier.

tell me about it! although i don't eat out much (and am vegan), i read an article on yahoo about high calorie chicken dinners at various restaurants... most of them had 1500 calories, one had almost 3000 (yes 3 thousand) for a chicken pasta dinner!!!! and people eat like that 3x a day, on a daily basis! it's horrible! : (

i made my parents account and made them start using it hahah they are amazed at how many calories everything has, my dad is also pre-diabetic so he has to count his carbs... this site is sooo helpful!

p.s. im gonna add you as a friend :) i dont have many on here either.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!!! Good luck... you can do it:laugh:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i love this site too! really helps with weight loss.. the only way i've ever lost consistently is with this site! hope it works for you & glad you love it!
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love this site already!!! And you all are making it that much better!!!:happy:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jamie! As you can see I'm pretty new too! I love it! I joined in Jan but never started using it until 10 days ago. So far, so good. You will find so much support here and so much wisdom! Rock on!

Dottie:smile:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're right in what you said about how easy it is to overeat and not realize it. I think it's good that you try to encourage your friends to join you here but it's not very easy to accomplish. I've done the same. You'll like it here and find that people are very nice and supportive. Good luck to you in achieving your goals!