rough day, in need of positivity!

Options
2»

Replies

• fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Always think that tomorrow will be a better day. Sorry your having a bad day hope it gets better for you. Things im sure could be worse.

Thanks very much. :)
  • fionadasein
    Options
    Hi Fiona. It was so funny to read your post. I could have been looking in a mirror. I am the exact same way. When I am down or depressed or having a bad day, people rarely know it. I am not the one walking around moaning and complaining and I am the one who is always there for others.

But as I have gotten older, I have realized that it is important for me to be able to ask for help and lean on others. I have two really good friends who are like sisters to me and I know that I can count on them for encouragement. I'm not one to put it out there to everyone, but I know these two people love and care about me.

Secondly, I am Christian and do believe in prayer and meditation. I think that what I like the most about it is it is very private. I have also started taking yoga to help me relax. We as women have maddening lives with so many responsibilities and so many people to take care of. It is important that we take care of ourselves and find our center as well.

Cheers to all those wonderful strategies!! Thanks for sharing. It's' so good to hear that you're finding people as lovely as you are. Inspiring. :)

x
  • fionadasein
    Options
    I just went through this a couple days ago. Couldn't figure out why I hadn't lost weight for my weigh in and started feeling down...and BAM there it was..my lovely monthly. I don't take bc because I can't due to my blood pressure, plus I just feel it's un natural to control your hormones with pills. Sooooo every month I get really down and feel like eating every single thing in my house. Before I got it, I felt ontop of the world..I was eating right and exercising..then this all just caused me to say *kitten* it to the exercise for two days even though I have to weigh in this week. It really is a b**ch, so I understand where you're coming from. It will get better though, I promise! This morning I decided to make eggs and bacon for breakfast instead of the carb and sugar packed cereal I usually eat...I feel sooooo much better.

We're all here to support you girl, so chin up! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Thanks, lovely! So glad to hear that you had an awesome start to your day today! :)

x
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Whose woods these are I think I know.
    His house is in the village, though;
    He will not see me stopping here
    To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
    To stop without a farmhouse near
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
    To ask if there is some mistake.
    The only other sound's the sweep
    Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

Thank you so much for reminding me of one of my most favorite poets and words that have lit my life since childhood. :)