What Do You Do When You're Just Freakin' Hungry?

Options

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I am at home, I will make a low cal fruit smoothie...works every time... and log it. :smile:
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I first think if I'm hungry for some reason like emotions or boredom and if I'm actually hungry because of a need of food then I eat.

It's important though to eat something good that will be filling. Protein or leafy greens and drink water. It usually does the trick.
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat low fat greek yogurt and drink skim milk. These two things are high in protein and dont have many calories so you are filling yourself and making you feel full longer. Its the most important thing I eat!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If I'm really hungry...and not just bored, I eat. I always have a ton of roasted veggies in the house ( I do a big batch at the beginning of each week, and make a wrap, or put some on top of a ryvita.) And drink some more water.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    This has been me fro the last 2 weeks. I have been so hungry eating lots of cals. I know exactly where your coming from
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat vegetables. You can eat and eat and eat until you're so bored with eating you just have to stop. Then you log it and find out you ate about 50 calories. Ha!
    Winner!
  • Dymatized
    Options
    Just eat even if it's a cheat meal. Consider it a reward for eating good throughout the week. But if you don't want to have a cheat meal then I just eat like 2.5 cups of salad greens with fat free Italian dressing and throw in whatever veggies you want just not the bacon, cheese and other fatty high caloric dressings. This way you can get full without the cheat meal guilt.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I find I am hungry, starving for no apparent reason, for a couple of days. Sometimes I eat more, but if I don't, I often find I then suddenly drop more weight than usual. For me it is a cue now that I am going to lose a bit more than usual. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for it, same eating and exercise as usual. It just seems to be the way my body works. I just go with it because over the last 12 months I have become more aware of my body and losing weight and this is just one of the things that happens.

Not sure if this happens for others too???
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Eat & Log
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat.

/end thread.
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen - it is usually when I am stepping up my calorie burn with heavier workouts. When it happens I eat and log all the calories. BTW....when this happens I will ALWAYS lose a chunk of pounds in the next couple of days. I figure my body needs the calories or I wouldn't be so hungry!!! Good luck!!!!!
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When this happens I find it's my body's way of saying please please eat. So I eat as much as I want that day as long as I am still hungry. Sometimes it's good to eat over your calories.
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to eat, and listen to your body.

Good luck! =+)
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Is it related to your period? If it isn't very often, I suggest you just eat. To heck with living in misery. Try reaching for the healthier things. BUT EAT!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If I can leave the house, I do. That helps me. Or sometimes I just tough it out. And sometimes I'll partially give in.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Um, eat.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have come to realise that I do not often eat because I am hungry!!
    because it is time to eat, because it is there, because I am with people who are eating - lots of all that but hunger, not really.
    If we listen to how we feel & follow our feelings we would never get out of bed!!
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    having one of those days today :ohwell: just bored tho i think im havin a brew to see if that surpresses the hunger and going cleaning my upstairs lol
  • vers4ce
    Options
    when this kind of mood hits me where I want to eat everything in site, I just boil myself an entire cabbage and then sit down and eat that. if I'm STILL hungry after all of that then I know that it isn't real hunger, it's just emotional hunger or me wanting to binge.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Eat protein, and if you really want to go work it off. Or work out first, and see how hungry you are after you work out.

For me, I'm less hungry if I work out and eat the workout calories, than if I don't work out or eat extra at all. Not sure how that works (shouldn't they be the same?), but that's how it feels.