haven't pooped for 3 days

Options
1235»

Replies

• wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    If you are really worried, call your primary care physican...they can recommend something that will help you.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have IBS... this is 'normal' for me... I usually have cafeine (tea or coffee) and it works. I refuse to take laxatives becaues you can become dependent on them with over use.

Also, your body is getting use to you changing your 'diet' so it's not surprising.

I have an intollerence to some dairy, so if I drink a glass of milk or have a hot chocolate I feel like I'm going to explode :/ haha

Oh and pizza... UGH!

Edit: I saw probiotics... yep those work. Activia once a day! haha... I've used so many I lost track and just stopped. They do help, but I'd suggest going to a healthfood store with 'hippies' and asking them what they recommend... better then getting prescribed chemicals :P
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend 'RestoraLAX'. You simply add it to your drinks and it works naturally. I use it almost daily.
    http://restoralax.ca/ENG/What-Is-RestoraLAX.html

And I know you said you are drinking enough water, but always make sure it's enough. Many people drastically underestimate the amount they should be drinking. We require at least two litres a day just for our bodies to function properly. But if you're exercising as well and using your muscles, you need to up that. I am 165lbs and require three litres a day. I believe it's an extra ounce for every pound you are over weight.

Also, fiber is good. But too much fiber can constipate you like crazy.

I wish you luck. Being constipated it really unpleasant.
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fiber one bars- don't eat more than one a day. When I first got them I was like "OMG THIS IS AWESOME". Tasted great. Ate THREE in one day. I farted more that day than I ever have!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    I literally almost wet myself laughing at this statement. I could hear the words being said and it just tickled me so much I couldn't breathe for a minute. Thank you for sharing, it really made my day! :D
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You might need an epidural when you finally get it out. What are you going to name it?
  • Spider_Bee
    Options
    Im having the same problem...but im drinking 3 glasses of green tea also :( i thought it would help me poopz
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    I also suggest probiotics. But those that come from food work much better. Sauerkraut, water or coconut kefir. Also a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon + a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Holy moly. Really gets things moving for me. Especially when combined with the probiotic!
  • wellnessjunkie
    Options
    You might need an epidural when you finally get it out. What are you going to name it?

Bahahahaha!!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yes it is adjusting so get some herbal tea called "Smooth Move" and let one bag steep for 15 mins....do not take any of the other crap on the market because you do not want to strip your intestines of the good flora! Drink a cup of tea before bed...it is all natural and it is not harsh on your system :-)

THIS....
    I was having an issue, but this stuff is great. and it is pretty natural.

This stuff WORKS.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    An old thread revived, makes me wonder what word the reviver used in the search link to find it??? poop? pooped? lol
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need to poop every day, that is old school

If you are not uncomfortable/plugged up, don't worry about it. If it hurts, or is uncomfortable, see a Dr. or get some over the counter help.

Otherwise, let your body adjust naturally :)
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Personally I have to avoid bananas and all dairy (including greek yogurt) for this reason. Just my two cents in case you're similar.

Edited for fail grammar.