Almost 50, need to lose 20 pounds...

Options
Could really use some MFP friends to help with the process. I have already lost 25 pounds but at the same time lost my motivation. Have you seen it? I would really like it back if possible...

Replies

• Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll keep an eye out for it. Lol.
  • billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look to your MFP friends for motivation. I love reading the posts. I just turned 50 last month and have been struggling with an extra 20-25 lbs and a large percentage of it is in my mid-section. It's like everything settles right there. Feel free to add me as a freind.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 25! Your motivation will be back soon. I am sending you a friend request.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 25!

What is different? what worked for you before? Let us help you find that motivation again! Its in YOU, reach down, find it, kick it back in.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I'm turning 50 this year and I want to feel the best I can. I understand about the motivation...it can be a challenge at times. I'll be sending you a friend request to help you find that winning spirit!
  • no1dragn
    no1dragn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks ALL! I am sure that my motivation got lost while recuping from gallbaldder surgery back in October. Just have not gotten back up to speed since. So very depressing. BUT, and I repeat BUT, I am determined to get back on track. I started Insanity this morning and have promised myself that I will complete the program no matter what. And now that I have asked for support from MFP friends, I will have to be accountable to someone other than myself and the cat. She doesn't care how much I eat so long as her bowl is full!

Thank you again.
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! I understand...as of November 2012 I've lost 130 pounds in 1 year. Lost my mojo 2 months ago, floundering since. Today is day 2 being back on track. I've found drinking water or hot tea satisfying when I have the "mental munchies". Best wishes!