Looking For Chicken Recipe For 2

sydney91
sydney91 Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Recipes
I wanna cook a healthy chicken recipe for my husband and I tonight, but I can't find anything anywhere! I've looked online and nothing looks appetizing. We love italian, so garlic and herbs are always good.. but I don't want to bread it. Just some simple pan cooked or grilled chicken. Can anyone help?

Replies

• ngm1692
    ngm1692 Posts: 55
    how much time do you have? what about using the crock pot? i use a package of chicken gravy with the requisite amount of water, 2 chicken breasts (even frozen is okay) put them into my little crock pot. i let it cook for a few hours (3-4, maybe?). you can also do it with a package of taco seasoning (i use a can of ro*tel when i do the taco).

i shred it (you could also eat whole) and have it with wild rice (or brown rice with the taco chicken) and something green (or black beans). simple. very little mess. delicious.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You can do chicken parmesan without the breading. I just throw a boneless skinless chicken breast on a pan, lather it in spaghetti sauce (it's about 100 calories, so you're at about 200 with the chicken), then top it with your favorite cheese. Mozzarella or monterrey and colby jack melt the best. Cook for about an hour and it's DELICIOUS! :) You could throw some herbs on top as well... great seasonings for italian cooking are basil, parsley, italian seasoning, and oregano. This would be great with zucchini, broccoli, anything green I imagine. I usually make it with spaghetti but that's probably not as healthy. :P If you've got a ton of calories left, go for it! Hope that helps!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I lke just baking the chicken. With some citrus garlic and herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley all good choices). With the drippings you can make a light sauce by adding it to some white wine, and more of the herbs. Slice (if no bones) and toss with some pasta and there ya are. With a nice side salad and some bread, light but hearty.
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    You could always season it with Mrs. Dash. It is sooo good. I like to use the mrs. dash and then cut it up and put it on salad. That is if you are using chicken breasts.
  • sydney91
    I lke just baking the chicken. With some citrus garlic and herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley all good choices). With the drippings you can make a light sauce by adding it to some white wine, and more of the herbs. Slice (if no bones) and toss with some pasta and there ya are. With a nice side salad and some bread, light but hearty.

Thanks! This one sounds good. I think I might try something like this, but put my own variation on it. I plan on serving it with some steamed zucchini and squash. =)
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    I've made this before and it was yum!

Sicilian Chicken
    Put chicken in a baking dish spread 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese on top the chicken breast. sprinkle 1 tbsp of parm. or romano cheese on top. spoon spinich (frozen, thawed, and well drained) on top of chicken and cheese.
    Cover with foil and bake 350 for about 25 minutes.
    Meanwhile in a small saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce. Then spoon 2 tbsp of sauce on plates, then place chicken on plate over the sauce. Spoon any remaining sauce over chicken breast.

Per serving
    171 Calories
    6g fat
    2g saturated fat
    54mg cholesterol
    323mg sodium
    7g carb
    0g fiber
    23g protein
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I take 2 chicken breasts (for 2 servings), and use a meat cleaver to pound in meat tenderizer. Then I season w/lemon pepper and light salt & pepper and put it on the George Foreman and in 5 mins we have the juiciest, best tasting chicken ever! Serve w/wild rice and a veggie and it's a meal to die for! Tastes so good, you wouldn't believe there were very few ingredients!
  • lilchino4af

Sicilian Chicken
    Put chicken in a baking dish spread 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese on top the chicken breast. sprinkle 1 tbsp of parm. or romano cheese on top. spoon spinich (frozen, thawed, and well drained) on top of chicken and cheese.
    Meanwhile in a small saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce. Then spoon 2 tbsp of sauce on plates, then place chicken on plate over the sauce. Spoon any remaining sauce over chicken breast.

Per serving
    171 Calories
    6g fat
    2g saturated fat
    54mg cholesterol
    323mg sodium
    7g carb
    0g fiber
    23g protein
    Sounds awesome - I'm going to have to try that this weekend!
  • I use chicken tenders or any breast meat. In a pan add lowfat margerine, chopped garlic and one chopped onion. Add raw chicken on top of that and sprinkle lightly with rosemary, and cook until veges are tender and meat is nice and brown (I add a little water to the cooking process, also helps with browning and not sticking. This is a wonderful fragrant dish that can be served over brown rice. Enjoy!
  • sydney91
    I use chicken tenders or any breast meat. In a pan add lowfat margerine, chopped garlic and one chopped onion. Add raw chicken on top of that and sprinkle lightly with rosemary, and cook until veges are tender and meat is nice and brown (I add a little water to the cooking process, also helps with browning and not sticking. This is a wonderful fragrant dish that can be served over brown rice. Enjoy!

This sounds great! Thanks!
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    I love this recipe, it comes from the biggest loser cook book.

Pecan Crusted Chicken, only 183 calories:)

http://makeawhisk.com/2009/03/the-biggest-losers-pecan-crusted-chicken/
    :drinker: cheers
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    For what it's worth, the following recipe was on Rachel Ray today. Although it is made w/green beans, she mentioned that asparagus could be used in their place.

I know you said you were looking for a recipe for two, but this sounds so good, you could use the remainder for lunches or a dinner later in the week. The seasoning sounds like something that might appeal, based on what you said about liking Italian. You might need to "tweak" things a bit if you are concerned about using to much oil for in preparation.

Here is the recipe:

Warm Provencal Chicken Salad
    Ingredients
    1/2 to 2/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    2 pounds baby white or gold potatoes, halved
    4 small onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick wedges
    8 to 10 cloves garlic
    1 pound trimmed green beans or asparagus, halved
    1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
    1/2 cup black pitted Nicoise olives
    8 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 shallot, coarsely chopped
    A small handful of sage leaves
    A small handful of tarragon
    A couple of sprigs fresh marjoram or 2 teaspoons dried
    1 cup flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

4 cups arugula
    Baguette
    Yields: Serves 4
    Preparation
    Heat oven to 450˚F.
    Place potatoes, onions and crushed garlic in a bowl and toss with just enough EVOO to coat, a couple of tablespoons. Season liberally with salt and pepper, place on baking sheet and place in oven. Roast 45 minutes, turning once.
    Place green beans or asparagus in bowl with tomatoes and pitted olives, dress with a little EVOO, salt, pepper and place on baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes.
    Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat chicken lightly in EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken 12 minutes, turning once, then thinly slice on an angle.

While chicken cooks, place shallot, herbs and mustard in food processor and season with salt and pepper. Pulse chop to finely chop the mixture then stream in about 1/4 to 1/3 cup EVOO to form a pesto-like sauce. Scrape sauce into a large, shallow bowl.
    Pile roasted vegetables, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, olives and arugula into a bowl. Top salad with sliced chicken and serve with crusty baguette.
  • All of these recipes really sounds great, especially since I dont eat red meat. Can't wait to try some of them.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    This is my favorite at the moment....It is really easy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/49298-hungry-girl-chicken-cordon-bleu
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Here's what we had today - works best with left over chicken (faster but if you have fresh just grill the chicken first, chop it up and you're good to go! I use lots of fresh rosemary and what ever else I have on hand for this - it's also great with fresh spinach - just add it when the mushrooms are almost cooked!

226 calories if you cut it into six servings - this is great reheated to I pack the left overs for next weeks lunch - it also freezes pretty well!

This is my recipe - I use don't really measure so don't feel obligated to any of this- it was based on what I had on hand!

http://caloriecount.about.com/chicken-mushroom-frittata-recipe-r347677

Chicken and Mushroom Frittata - with onions cheese and rosemary. Six servings.

Ingredients 2 cups cooked chicken
    2 cups mushrooms - sliced
    1 cup chopped onions
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp butter
    4 eggs
    2/3 cup 1% milk
    1 tsp chopped rosemary
    1/3 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced (optional)
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    1 tsp pesto (optional)

Directions

1.Pre-heat Oven to 400 F. Place cast iron skillet or casserole dish in oven.

2.Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet and add onions and mushrooms. Loosely cover pan and simmer until cooked through and water absorbed. Add chicken and chopped rosemary.

3.Whisk eggs and milk until combined, whisk in pesto if using.

4.When oven is ready, remove casserole (or skillet) and spray with oil. Add chicken mixture, sprinkle on cheese, then pour egg mixture over the top. Gently swirl to distribute egg mixture and top with the sliced tomatoes. Return to the oven for 15 minutes. It is done when the center is set.

5.Let cool for about ten minutes, then slice into six pieces.

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/chicken-mushroom-frittata-recipe-r347677#ixzz0i6CunDg5
  • lilchino4af

Sicilian Chicken

Per serving
    171 Calories
    6g fat
    2g saturated fat
    54mg cholesterol
    323mg sodium
    7g carb
    0g fiber
    23g protein
    We made this two days ago and YUM!! We tweaked it a bit tho; we butterflied the chicken breasts and put the ricotta cheese in the middle and folded the chicken back up. Then we seasoned w/italian seasoning and cooked on the foreman to keep the chicken from drying out too much (and cook time was only 5 mins!). Spread marinara sauce on top when done and AWESOME!

Tonight we did the same technique, except we put 1/4 part-skim mozzarella cheese and 6 turkey pepperoni slices in each and cooked it that way. Just as awesome and reminded me of the Chicken Pizziola sandwhiches Subway had a while back! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.