Butt-Hips-Thighs

Options
I was wondering what are some good exercises for the middle area of your body, the butt, hips, belly and thighs. This is my heaviest area and would really like to work on that. What are something you can do right at home? I have a Wii Fit Plus if there is anything on that I could use?

Replies

• DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ugh I feel ya... I am def. a pear shape. Interested in some good toning exercises for all of these areas too!! I just bought a resistance band + dvd to go along w/it via walmart.com... can't wait till my order is ready for pick-up!! :-)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I do zumba and in the past maybe 3 weeks I've done it I lost 1 inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my abdomen, my thighs and butt have also tightened, just no inch diff. as of yet. Squats would also help. We also do this thing where you lay on your back with your legs up and reach to the left of your feet, come back, then reach to the right of your feet. and so on. Belly dancing also helped for me (Shimmy on fit channel through direct tv, there are also dvds) I also do the 200 sit ups challenge

Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce. You just have to loose weight and let your body take it from where it wants to and eventually you will loose it everywhere. You can do toning exercises but no inches will be lost that way.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Walking and running - any cardio exercise melts fat quick. For thighs and butt: lunges and squats - just watch how far your knees go. Don't let them go over your ankles. Your mid-section will decrease significantly from cardio. I used to walk 2 miles a day and that reeeeally helped with my lovehandles and belly fat. Now I do walking & running (intervals) on the treadmill.

Check out Shape & Self magazine's websites or just search "butt workouts" on the internet with whatever keyword (butt, belly, thighs, etc.)

There's a topic I replied to the other day about hip weight and an exercise for that. Here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/85938-the-area-over-the-hips
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not fully sure about the exercises, but I did read that if you are pear shaped, you are less likely for health related issues (as opposed to an apple shape or more weight on the top)

So that is something to be happy about with those hips :-)
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't get too carried away spot working abs.If you just spot work those areas and don't do a lot of cardio, your belly will actually get bigger becasue the bulked up muscle just layers under the fat. Over all weight loss will eventually lead to flatter areas.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. She targes abs, thighs, arms, but works out the whole body for maximum calorie burn. $9 for the DVD at Walmart and $2-3 for hand weights. It's a 40 min workout but you can pick and chose which circuits you want to do for a shorter workout, but it's well worth it!! I've done it 3 times already this week (to mix up my exercises) and I'm already noticing a difference. Just last night I put on a pair of workout shorts I haven't worn in weeks and they were loose around my thighs!!! WOOHOO!! :happy: