Can we talk about Shakeology?

Options
I have tried it and it is yummy - but for $100/mth it is not in my budget these days. I love Tony Horton and P90X and all of the programs associated with it - but do you really need to have a meal replacement shake and is it something that helps you with your progress?

Or is it more beneficial to take that $100/mth and put it towards fruit/veggies?

Discuss.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...but do you really need to have a meal replacement shake and is it something that helps you with your progress?
    No.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and it is yummy - but for $100/mth it is not in my budget these days. I love Tony Horton and P90X and all of the programs associated with it - but do you really need to have a meal replacement shake and is it something that helps you with your progress?

Or is it more beneficial to take that $100/mth and put it towards fruit/veggies?

Discuss.

If you have a ton of disposable income and think it's delicious or something then have at it. Otherwise, spend $50-60 on a 2-month supply of a quality protein powder or whole foods.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Sure we can. No you don't NEED it. It's a matter of choice if you want to spend the money on it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    NO

nopeclones_zps8786878f.gif
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    do you really need to have a meal replacement shake
    Nope
    is it something that helps you with your progress
    It does for me because it helps me get more protein in a cheap, fast, convenient form. Though, the exact make-up of my shake varies depending on what I need on any given day.
    Largely personal preference. Sufficient vitamins/minerals is the only thing to really focus on.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The only people who will tell you that you need Shakeology sell Shakeology.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't need it or any other protein shake if you eat properly. Most people aren't exercising anywhere near the level that would require supplements.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options

I LOVE Shakeology and I do not sell it! Do you need it for weight loss/meal replacement? NO I love the energy it gives me, low sugar, tons of vitamins, and does keep me "regular". I however do not use it as a meal replacement, I usually drink it in the afternoon as a snack!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options

amen

there are many ways to "skin a cat" so to speak
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    negative.
  • aebkahle
    aebkahle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I
  • aebkahle
    aebkahle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do NOT sell Shakeology, I'll say that up front. I'll also say out is nowhere near a protein shake. It is something worth researching if you believe that to be the case. Ok now having said that, I do half a scoop a day and my bag has lasted 3 months. It's your own individual choice but for me it is worth it by leaps and bounds. I feel a huge difference in my body and my blood tests for my life insurance have improved so much, my rates went down.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Why have did you NOT use the search? .
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

this hurts my brain
  • ShoshanahM
    ShoshanahM Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get it if you are choosing between buying a shake program and buying whole foods. A shake should be an addition to a healthy diet full of whole foods. There's no point having the Mercedes of shakes if the rest of your day would be filled with Ramen and pork 'n' beans. If you really want a shake, protein powders are really cheap at Target. That, plus a daily multi-vitamin, and you'll probably get what Shakeology offers.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    $100 a month? I'm pretty sure I can get some good multivitamins and a buttload of chicken for $100.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Cause my mission in life is to annoy. :laugh:

Don't answer if you get aggravated. That's all....no biggie.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sure we can. No you don't NEED it. It's a matter of choice if you want to spend the money on it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

What he said
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    33735373.jpg