Hourglass

Options
I've been working really really hard on my body for a while now and it has been absolutely worth it, I'm more fit than I have ever been in my life. I work out like 6 days a week for atleast an hour (sometimes two) run alot, do spin classes, and just recently started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which has really given me some nice defined muscles. It's recently been pointed out to me, from more than one person, that I've "lost my shape". I'm getting married in June and was looking for the perfect dress that is form fitting to show off my shape, but have been told I'm not going to get the shape I am really looking for because I dont have a really defined waistline and am built more athletic and "straight" I guess. Is there anything I can do to help get a more defined waistline and an hour glass shape?

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    In the long run... weights! Lifting weights to build upper and lower body mass. But if you're happy with how you look right now and want a certain shape for the wedding (june is pretty soon) I'd get some type of corset. Any "goth" type store would probably have one or oder online. But get a great one to pull this look off. You don't want streachy material. Wear it under the gown and there you go... va va va voom, hourglass :happy:
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Workout wise? I have no idea! lol But your Bridal store should have some kind of undergarmets that will emphasize your cleavage and that'll help with the shape.
    Corset wise you have to be careful where you go. Most "off the rack" corsets from places like Freddies of Hollywood have plastic boning that will bend and pinch - leaving you feeling sore and stiff. On the other hand, getting a custom made corset can be expensive, especially if there's not a shop in your area. I would go for an under bust, because they're easier to move in, and just wear a bra with your dress. Of course... you'd need all this when you go shopping, too..so.. :huh: Anyway, if the corset thing interests you I suggest browsing around www.corsetheaven.com to get an idea.
    And Congratulations on the wedding and you're weight loss!! :drinker:

-Megan
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Specialty bridal lingerie stores will carry corsets, waist cinchers, and other undergarments to help you look best in your dress. Also, if your dress has any kind of fullness at the skirt, that will help to make your waist look smaller.
  • hooghie
    hooghie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing weight loss!!! I think you look fantastic! If you haven't found the perfect dress yet, you can probably find something that gives the appearance of the shape you want (with help from the lingerie department). Good luck and enjoy your wedding!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    HAVE A BABY!!!! YOU'LL GET HIPS!!!

I kid, I kid.....you look great!!! Congrats! Your figure looks just fine, in fact, I'm jealous.
  • clcastro
    clcastro Posts: 17
    Options
    What kind of ab work are you doing? How much we work our lower back muscles also effects how our core looks - The Jillian Michaels programs I've done consist of a lot of ab twists sets which must be the trick because it leaves you with a flat stomach and still defined waistline