STRONG LIFTS 5x5! Show me your before/after pics :D

Options
iorahkwano
iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
I'm starting week 4 of strong lifts, but so far I haven't seen my measurements or scale budge at all (I know I should expect to gain muscle weight eventually, or trade some fat in for muscle). I know I probably just have to be patient, but I was wonder if some of you could help keep me motivated with your success stories!

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *bump* for later
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Watching this topic. I am currently starting week 3 of Stronglifts. Haven't taken measurements or weighed, I don't plan to until 1st weekend of February.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I haven't started lifting yet but I plan to start next month. I would love to see some progress pics as well!! Thanks!!
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    Thank you! I know a bit about weight lifting, but I'm certainly not a pro at all the aspects (Especially when it comes to macros).

I've been trying to eat as much protein as I can given what's in my house (via food) but I've never taken protein supplements/powder. How much? What kind? Where? I eat smoothies so I could toss it in there.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    interested in this topic
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn is kind of one of my (and I think several women on here) inspirations: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/bulkaphobic-here-s-what-10-weeks-of-stronglifts-has-done-to-me-451913

She has many well known blog posts/threads on the difference in her body before/after weightlifting, but she did Stronglifts after she had already done weightlifitng, so it might not necessarily be the ultimate before/after you're looking for.

(Sorry for being such a creep, Lorina!)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    There are more pics in my profile of before and after...I never measured, but strength training has been a huge factor in my success so far...DO IT

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn is kind of one of my (and I think several women on here) inspirations: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/bulkaphobic-here-s-what-10-weeks-of-stronglifts-has-done-to-me-451913

She has many well known blog posts/threads on the difference in her body before/after weightlifting, but she did Stronglifts after she had already done weightlifitng, so it might not necessarily be the ultimate before/after you're looking for.

I was gonna say this too, she is on the stronglifts group as well... : )
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I am almost at the end of my stronglifts program - nearly 12 weeks. I've seen significant results.

Here's my original:

Squat: 55lbs (smith machine)
    > 95lbs with olympic bar
    Overhead Press: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 55 lbs wih olympic bar
    deadlifts: 30 lbs (smith machine)
    > 140 lbs with olympic ba
    Bench Press: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 75 lbs with olympic bar
    Rows: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 65 lbs with olympic bar

Additional:
    Sidebends: 15 lbs 3 sets of 12
    > 30 lbs 2 sets of 12

as far as inches - I've lost 11 inches from my waist overall since starting stronglifts. I have stayed the same most other places, but my waist is much small than it was. I also have some muscle tone showing through. I suggest this program for anybody interested in doing weights. You have nothing to lose.

Janbod_zpsecd09e9b.jpg
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Day1toJan.jpg

The first pic was before any weight training. The middle pic was halfway through SL, and the final one was last weekend.

I gave SL 13 weeks, with my final results being:
    Squat: 45-->100 (mental block at 100 that I can't seem to pass)
    OHP: 45-->65
    Bench: 45-->75
    Deadlift: 85-->175x1 (170x5)
    Row: 45-->85

Weight: 127-->124.5
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    There are more pics in my profile of before and after...I never measured, but strength training has been a huge factor in my success so far...DO IT

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg

NO! I thought you were a cat - or at least the Count! Great job by the way.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • iorahkwano
    Options

I've seen her pics before, but there's not much change :/ She probably increased her strength a lot though!
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    I am almost at the end of my stronglifts program - nearly 12 weeks. I've seen significant results.

Here's my original:

Squat: 55lbs (smith machine)
    > 95lbs with olympic bar
    Overhead Press: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 55 lbs wih olympic bar
    deadlifts: 30 lbs (smith machine)
    > 140 lbs with olympic ba
    Bench Press: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 75 lbs with olympic bar
    Rows: 20 lbs (smith machine)
    > 65 lbs with olympic bar

Additional:
    Sidebends: 15 lbs 3 sets of 12
    > 30 lbs 2 sets of 12

as far as inches - I've lost 11 inches from my waist overall since starting stronglifts. I have stayed the same most other places, but my waist is much small than it was. I also have some muscle tone showing through. I suggest this program for anybody interested in doing weights. You have nothing to lose.

Janbod_zpsecd09e9b.jpg

I would LOVE it if I could even lose just 1.5" off my waist, it would make buying clothes so much easier!
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    Day1toJan.jpg

The first pic was before any weight training. The middle pic was halfway through SL, and the final one was last weekend.

Wow! Now this is the kind of result I'm hoping for! Not tons of weight loss, but more body sculpting/toning! Especially my core & upper arms :) I'n currently at:

65 bench press
    90 squat
    75 bb row
    770 OHP
    125 deadlift
  • iorahkwano
    Options
    70lbs OHP*** not 770 lol

I posted in the Strong Lifts group maybe 2 weeks ago asking for before/after pics but I think I only got 1 response and it was "bump."
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Day1toJan.jpg

Are you doing any cardio with the programme? Also, do you do anyhting on the days when you're not doing the stronglifts?
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I do(did) cardio a few times a week, usually 2 or three times, but nothing crazy. Maybe an hour of Zumba or 40 minutes on the treadmill at a brisk walk. Sometimes some HIT, like ZWOW. I hate cardio and do it just so I don't have a heart attack at work. :laugh:

Eating a very small deficit, like TDEE-10 to 15% most of the time.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!