Anyone at University?

Options
Was wondering if there was any students out there that I could add! I'm 20 years old and in my second year of university, and I'm finding it hard at the moment in this place full of pizza and vodka and I'm also struggling to create healthy meals every day on the student budget. I thought if I could add others in the same situation it might help :)

Replies

• eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Me!! Me!! lol I've been at "university" (not used to calling it that) for 4 years, and now I'm two years into my graduate program.
  • shannabanana11
    shannabanana11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old at University in my second year. I definitely understand how difficult it is. :P Except I don't drink.... But I will definitely add you!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 years old, first year grad student. I definitely struggled with the food and alcohol when I was in undergrad - especially with co-op placements and wanting to explore the new cities that I was placed in. I gained so much - but then lost it too! It definitely is possible.

... But then becoming a grad student I fell off the bandwagon again so here I am on MFP lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • aggiekaela2016
    aggiekaela2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am!
  • hlfunnell
    hlfunnell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am :D 21 and in my first year (little bit late!!) studying Law and loving it, but I do get very hungry during lectures and need some healthy things to eat so I don't go grab a starbucks xD
  • lovelyworld
    lovelyworld Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I'm 19 and in my second year, feel free to add!
  • ysanne88
    ysanne88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am too, 24 year old 'mature' student, in my first year, better late then never!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Was wondering if there was any students out there that I could add! I'm 20 years old and in my second year of university, and I'm finding it hard at the moment in this place full of pizza and vodka and I'm also struggling to create healthy meals every day on the student budget. I thought if I could add others in the same situation it might help :)

I'm not at university now (I'm 35 and grown up lol) but I did a 4 year degree (I did a BA in French so spent a year at uni in France too) and then I did an MA for a year, so I had 5 years of the student lifestyle!

I have to admit in my first year I hardly ate, but I was a bit better in my 2nd year. I shared a house with 5 friends so we had an oven, fridge etc. I use to eat a lot of jacket potatoes with tuna, or pasta, or something like a piece of fish and veg.

My 3rd year I was in France and we just had a hot plate and a fridge, so I ate a lot of poached eggs, cereal, and pasta again! I lost a lot of weight that year, despite drinking my body weight in wine and who knows what else at least 4 times a week!

My 4th year I was in halls of residence back in the UK and we had a shared kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, so a bit rubbish. I ate jacket potatoes a lot! I also went round to my friend's house as often as possible - she's very good at cooking :smile:

My MA year we had a really good kitchen so I was able to vary my food a bit more. I ate a lot of salads and things like those veggie grills with veg.

I drank a lot in all my uni years I have to admit, but it didn't do me any harm!

Oh, I also did a PGCE a few years later, when I was 26 (I'm a secondary school teacher now) but I was living with my now husband, and I ate well that year, and didn't drink a lot at all.
  • lwatson92
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm also at university, in my second year! Totally know what you mean about difficult with a student budget! I don't find not drinking alcohol very difficult though so that isn't too much of a problem for me personally!