Slim in Six Question?

jbuffan218
jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am doing Slim in Six ( looks like it is gonna take ME about 6 months not weeks):sad:

I have recently moved up to level 2 "Ramp It Up"
Can someone tell me if this DVD is cardio or strength training?
When I do it my heart rate is way up there but then there is the resistance band section and all those squats & lunges etc.
So I dont know. I am trying to burn fat first, so do I need to add some cardio in addition to this workout?

Same thing for the others in this series. Cardio or Strength Training?
Thanks for your help, I know there are some beach body trainers on here. Maybe they will know.

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Slim in 6 is a total body series that's designed to work you from head to toe. It incorporates strength training and a good balance of cardio to elevate your HR and get your body to function as a fat burning machine. Strength training is so key in building muscle, as that's what helps us burn fat. Muscle burns fat.

Stick with it and you'll be amazed at how the weight starts to melt off. I don't think you need to do anything extra, as the program is designed to slowly introduce you into the workouts and help you build endurance, strength and muscle.

Good luck and KEEP IT UP!
  • Hey there jbuffan, I agree with Taryn. I know it seems that more cardio=quicker weight loss, but that is not always the case. I've been working out for years and I did a round of P90X and then did Slim in 6 and I actually lost more weight doing Slim in 6! Just follow it faithfully, make sure your diet is on point and I'm sure you'll see results.

~Ev~
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Thank you Ev & Taryn,
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I will keep doing it faithfully and stick to the plan.
    It is still kicking my BUTT , I am already seeing results so I will not give up!

P.S. If I end up with any of the muscles either of you ladies do......I will be thrilled!
    Hell, I'd be thrilled with beautiful arms and feeling confidant in a sleeveless top this summer.
    Wow you both look amazing.
This discussion has been closed.