WHAT IS YOUR STATES ATTRACTIONS???

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    We have Ed Sheeran who came from where I live too.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We drink beer in Wisconsin.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    Im in Florida. Need i say more???????
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    We do make great beer, though!

Yes....Isn't the release day of Oberson like a state holiday? haha
    When there isn't much else to do and a lot of depressed people, good beer develops ;)

Oberon? Hell yeah; it might as well be based on the amount of places that make it a party.

Colorado and California people all seem happy... trying to figure out how that works :(
  • davisnichole
    Options
    massachusetts checking in here. boston's our biggest city...

700px-Panoramic_Boston.jpg

and then there's also cape cod...

cape-cod.jpg

people seem to really dig the berkshires, too...

berkshires-massachusetts.jpg

and normally we have much more of this, but right now, not so much...

boston-snow.jpg
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Kentucky Derby, Red River Gorge, Mammoth Cave, Moon Bows at Cumberland Falls (http://www.2geton.net/martin/moonbow/moonbowcloseup.jpg) and the Bourbon Trail!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

When there isn't much else to do and a lot of depressed people, good beer develops ;)

Oberon? Hell yeah; it might as well be based on the amount of places that make it a party.

Colorado and California people all seem happy... trying to figure out how that works :(

I'll tell you why we're happy in Colorado - we have four distinct seasons. It gets hot in the summer, cooler in the fall, cold in the winter (to give you a little perspective on how great summer really is), then it starts warming up in spring, and YAY it's SUMMER again!! We have a lot of hardcore badasses that don't stop being active just because it's cold (and we don't have a lot of humidity, which I think helps the outdoors stuff in the cold), and as cliched as it is, I think we really live by the mentality that we work hard and play harder. We take care of our state and our buddies, and have as much frucking fun as humanly possible.

Come visit. I mean it. I love it here so much.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    In Minnesota we have 10,000 lakes, the Mall of America, the Boundrey Waters, and of course the Minnesota Vikings. Today it only -9 degrees out with a -30 wind chill. Swiming anyone?
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Seattle, WA - There's nothing to see here, stay away.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Like Like Like
    We drink beer in Wisconsin.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    MIGHIGAN: The Great Lakes (and tons of other awesome smaller lakes), amazingly beautiful places in Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula.

We gave the country (& world) Motown, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Madonna & Eminem (ok, sorry about some of those), Kellogg's cereals, some damed cool cars and plenty of other things I can't quite think of right now..

Unfortunately, we also claim the top two most dangerous cities in the US (Flint & Detroit) :mad:
  • firstsip
    Options

I'll tell you why we're happy in Colorado - we have four distinct seasons. It gets hot in the summer, cooler in the fall, cold in the winter (to give you a little perspective on how great summer really is), then it starts warming up in spring, and YAY it's SUMMER again!! We have a lot of hardcore badasses that don't stop being active just because it's cold (and we don't have a lot of humidity, which I think helps the outdoors stuff in the cold), and as cliched as it is, I think we really live by the mentality that we work hard and play harder. We take care of our state and our buddies, and have as much frucking fun as humanly possible.

Wait, so you mean there are four seasons?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

And pot is legal....thats why they're so damn happy lol

I'm actually leaving michigan for Montana
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I am originally from London...which I consider my home.

Big Ben clock
    London eye
    Thames river cruises
    Madame Tussauds wax work museum
    Tate modern
    St Paul's cathedral
    Covent gardens street entertainment
    The West end
    Westminster abbey
    The tower of London
    Buckingham Palace
    Natural History and science museums
    Amazing shopping centres!! Oxford Street in particular has great stores for shoppers!!
    Open top red buses (for people who like sight seeing)
    Olympic bridge
    HMS Belfast imperial war museum on the Thames river.
    London Underground
    London dungeons
    Hyde Park
    London bridge
    London Zoo
    Royal Albert Hall
    Trafalgar Square
    Kensington Palace

I love this City!!! x x
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

In awesome places, yes. But seriously, eff those guys in Chicago, okay?
  • MizMliss
    MizMliss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    THIS!

Uh, Colorado is pretty awesome.

Hiking
    Skiing/snowboarding
    Biking of all kinds
    Trails all through the city
    Kayaking
    Basically every outdoor sport you could want except those that require ocean...
    Numerous different art districts
    History! Intrigue!
    Amazing food - any cuisine you could ever want
    A food truck festival downtown every Friday, all summer
    Want to climb big mountains? We have 14ers!
    Old-West-style gambling in several historical mining towns
    A nightlife!! Club district with expensive drinks and short skirts
    Museums. Loads of them.
    Like to get high? You totally can smoke pot here!
    Did I mention the breweries yet? Hundreds of them. No joke. More beer than you can shake a stick at. Good beer, too.
    Like sh!tty beer? We have Coors and Budweiser plants!
    Bands love to come here. Concerts are amazing. Red Rocks Amphitheater - google it.. it's impressive.
    Green Chili. On everything. We really love our green chili.
    Casa Bonita.
    In to military stuff? We have NORAD.
    Camping - from back country tent camps to luxury cabins...
    Cave of the Winds!
    Cliff Dwellings in several parts of the state
    We're really in to organic stuff, so we have Whole Foods, Sprouts, Sunflower, Natural Grocers, and soon Trader Joe's too
    We're also in to junk food - there are a lot of gourmet hot dog places around town....
    ....... Colorado is basically the most amazing place ever.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    In Minnesota we have 10,000 lakes, the Mall of America, the Boundrey Waters, and of course the Minnesota Vikings. Today it only -9 degrees out with a -30 wind chill. Swiming anyone?

Our State Fair is pretty kickass too.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    MIGHIGAN: The Great Lakes (and tons of other awesome smaller lakes), amazingly beautiful places in Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula.

We gave the country (& world) Motown, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Madonna & Eminem (ok, sorry about some of those), Kellogg's cereals, some damed cool cars and plenty of other things I can't quite think of right now..

Unfortunately, we also claim the top two most dangerous cities in the US (Flint & Detroit) :mad:

Don't forget Battle Creek, Saginaw, Muskegon .... Grand Rapids isn't quite there yet but there is at least one shooting daily on the news.
  • kookanddra
    Options
    sign me up!! I found where I want to go!!!:happy:
  • firstsip
    Options

In awesome places, yes. But seriously, eff those guys in Chicago, okay?

They get awesome pizza AND access to Three Floyd's (yeah capn, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU).