Options

Replies

• GracesEternalDawn
    Options
    i'm 5'1", and my goal weight is 98..
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think the goal is when you feel healthy and happy.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal weight is 117, which is where I was 2 years ago before starting a stressful job.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (or 5'3 on a good day :p) and my goal weight is around 110 to 115. I'm at 124 right now and that weight looks fine but I want to drop my body fat percentage a bit more. Ultimately, I'd love to be around 19% body fat.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you were 5'3" or around there (or if you are), what would your goal weight be? I'm struggling to find a happy weight.

Erm, your profile picture is freaking me out. :indifferent: Is that where you are now or is it where you want to be? (You could be in recovery, in which case please ignore my freaking out over your profile picture.)

I don't think I have an eating disorder. I just want to know what is considered "normal" for someone my height. And I think I have the general idea!

When your profile was open it said right on it that you were tired of being a "fat anorexic", so I am concerned that you do have an eating disorder. I'm sorry if this upsets you. I do not want to be mean. I am just concerned. So, I won't share what a healthy goal weight is. I think it varies from person to person. And this is something we all discuss with our own doctors.
  • adventure_em
    adventure_em Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your frame. I remember losing weight from my freshman 15 and got back down to my high school weight (118-122) and "ideal" weight for my height (5'2.5). Everyone said I was sickly looking and the doctors who told me to lose weight promptly told me to gain 10 lbs. I met with a personal trainer and he said that I have 10 lbs more muscle mass on my medium frame than the average female, so he said 130-5 would be most ideal for me.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and my current goal will be 140. That puts me just inside the ok line for a large build (which i have). When I get there I shall evaluate how I feel. I may just want to work on BF too cause i want to be 25%BF. I tend to easily be muscley so i think 140 will be fine for me. Of course its like others say, once they got to where they wanted to be, it was not exactly what they wanted and had to modify their plans.
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you were 5'3" or around there (or if you are), what would your goal weight be? I'm struggling to find a happy weight.

Erm, your profile picture is freaking me out. :indifferent: Is that where you are now or is it where you want to be? (You could be in recovery, in which case please ignore my freaking out over your profile picture.)

I don't think I have an eating disorder. I just want to know what is considered "normal" for someone my height. And I think I have the general idea!

When your profile was open it said right on it that you were tired of being a "fat anorexic", so I am concerned that you do have an eating disorder. I'm sorry if this upsets you. I do not want to be mean. I am just concerned. So, I won't share what a healthy goal weight is. I think it varies from person to person. And this is something we all discuss with our own doctors.

No, it's fine. I rapidly shift between thinking I have a problem and thinking I'm perfectly fine. Health-wise, I actually am okay. My GP is not concerned. :)
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hoping for 140. I'm not sure after being 200 pounds overweight for so long that I can actually get that low.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

No, it's fine. I rapidly shift between thinking I have a problem and thinking I'm perfectly fine. Health-wise, I actually am okay. My GP is not concerned. :)

You looked healthy (at least in the pics I saw). If I were you, I would not want to lose anymore weight.
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im curvy and love my curves, im aiming for 135-145 and im 4"11 but have a big chest hips thighs n butt, im currently wayyy overweight and slowly but surley making my way to my goal weight.
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im curvy and love my curves, im aiming for 135-145 and im 4"11 but have a big chest hips thighs n butt, im currently wayyy overweight and slowly but surley making my way to my goal weight.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I'm aiming for around 140. I've always been really athletic and muscular, and I have a very large chest so I don't think it's realistic that I could weigh much less than that and still be the same athletic level.

If I ever decide to give up field hockey, soccer, snowboarding, and running obstacle races, then I'll aim for lower, but I don't see it happening any time soon!
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is 120. I've been as low as 108 and I didn't look sick at that weight (I was young though), I've also been at 140 and still looked good. 120 is my tentative goal, I might be ok at 130 or 140 though. Just pick a (healthy) number and see how you feel when you get there.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal weight
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    135 fit not skinny I want to lose then tone.
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The best way to determine the right weight for your body is to have 100 pounds for the first 5 feet on your frame, and another 5 pounds for every inch after that. Your goal could be five pounds above or below that to stay in a good, healthy range.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for body fat %, not weight. I am wanting to be about 15-20% body fat, which would put me between 125-135 pounds.
  • crownedbeauty
    Options
    im 5'3 my goal is 125-130
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and my goal weight is 125-130.

Same here!