Best places for inexpensive clothes

Options

Replies

• gatilbury
    gatilbury Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just purchased 4 pairs of shorts from Goodwill...$5 a pop!!!! Cant be beaten. Figured that if others donated the same quality clothes that I did (purged all of my big clothes) then there had to be some good finds.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like to go to ritzy towns and go to their garage sales! I can't ever find pants because of my height but I find shirts
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just bought a plain t-shirt type dress at H&M for $12.95. Actually, I bought one before Christmas and liked it so much I went back for another color!
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you have any by you I find Burlington Coat factory pretty cheap.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Another place to find cheap clothing is Old Navy. I just picked up some clearance items and got two outfits for under $30. Two pairs of pants, one tank, a cardigan and a long sleeve shirt. I teach and they were appropriate for work.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    definately check out Goodwill :smile:
  • julieyoungrayworth
    Options
    The best place is on a website called everything 5 pound or less put it into google. it is great and good value for money i always buy good clothes from there i have hundreds of shoes
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Retailers in general have been hit hard by the recession, I think the clearance rack in just about any store will yield some great bargains. BTW, congrats on having to buy a smaller wardrobe !
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I really appreciate it!

A lot of you mentioned Plato's Closet, so I am thinking they must have good deals. I haven't shopped there much but there is one in my home town, so I will have to look next time I visit home.

I think I may check out Goodwill today since a lot of you have had luck with that as well!
    I buy professional clothes off of ebay. I wear suits to work a lot, and it's very hard to find good quality, trendy suits in second hand stores. You'll probably need one if you will be graduating and interviewing this spring/summer.

Thank you for this suggestions. One of the things I really need to find is a new suit. I am a business student, and it's really hard to get by without a suit that fits.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile that you will be visiting the Netherlands in March, if you get the chance to visit the UK Primark have really inexpensive clothes and have a shop in most cities. You can even get cheap luggage to take your purchases home again!
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are always good. Here in Wisconsin we have Goodwill, Salvation Army and St.Vincent De Paul. You could always check out rummage sales. I know that again here in Wisconsin there is always rummage sales. There are more in the summer than in the winter. If:smile: you are looking more for new clothes than slightly used I would say Walmart. Good luck.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Retailers in general have been hit hard by the recession, I think the clearance rack in just about any store will yield some great bargains. BTW, congrats on having to buy a smaller wardrobe !

Thank you. I plan on it just being a temporary wardrobe since I still have a lot of progress to make!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Do you have a Kohl's near you? Just got 5 sweaters, a professional-looking tank, and 2 pairs of pants for $78. $30 of that was a splurge on a pair of Dockers, so it's possible to do better. If you can snag one of their 30% off coupons and shop the clearance (not always great quality) and especially the limited quantity racks (much better quality) you can find some decent things.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have good luck at Kohls and Goodwill. Goodwill is hit or miss sometimes, and takes searching, but I have been able to find great designer jeans there for $8. Can't beat that!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anyone said ebay but you can find lots of cheap used clothes on there.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. Goodwill is amazing. You have to invest the time to look around though. And you will probably have to go more than once. But I find that true of shopping in general. About half of my wardrobe is from Goodwill and it is name brands, New York & Co, American Eagle, Forever 21, etc. Plus if you plan on losing even more weight then you won't feel guilty for spending a lot on clothes for your in-between weight.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I always go to my local salvation army store. They are much cheaper than a Value Village and at the store by me you don't pay tax if your total is under $50 (I'm not sure if they do that at all stores... I am in Ontario). Last time i went to the salvation army store I bought two pairs of workout pants, a pair of dress pants, a pair of jeans and a bunch of shirts for under $40.

Otherwise check the sales racks/clearance racks of normal stores. When I was down in the US there were some great prices at Target on the clearance rack.. same with Walmart... however a Salvation Army store is usually less expensive.

I refuse to spend much money until I reach my goal weight.
  • MyBodRocks
    Options
    Old Navy! They have great sales, and free shipping if you aren't near a store :)
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was just at Anthropologie in University Square Seattle last Thursday on a business trip and bought an AMAZING dress for $20. I cannot believe it was so inexpensive. The girl at the register said they just marked down a ton a stuff to make room for spring. Now is the best time to scoop up fall/winter on sale.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I live in Canada, so I am not sure what you guys have that we have... but: Frenchy's is HUGE here (second hand clothes). Or Walmart is inexpensive? Even stores like Suzy Shier and Blue Notes have affordable clothing.