Syncing iPod with Spotify...HALP!

Options
amelia_atlantic
amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
VERY long story short; I plugged my iPod (3rd gen) into the wall to charge one day. It wiped out my entire playlist. It also reformatted it. Someone has fixed the formatting issue.

However, I'm now out 1000 songs and I need to rebuild. I can't afford to buy 1000 songs again so I'm looking for cheap (but mostly free) alternatives. I never really used iTunes so I don't remember any passwords, emails nor is anything "in the cloud".

Spotify gives the option of "devices" with the ability to "sync spoitfy with itunes". However, Spotify read "Only local files". Nothing but the stock songs from downloading the new itunes were loaded onto my iPod. Is it actually possible to sync your Spotify playlists and put them on your iPod? Or is this a computer pipe dream?

Replies

• thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure you can't load spotify songs onto an ipod.

I pay £9.99 a month for spotify and still cant do it. I have the spotify app on my iphone though so can listen to all my playlists on there. But thats only if you are a paying member.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    To sync to you iTunes, you have to pay the monthly rate for Spotify. Then you have to have the device plugged into a charger because the stream is a bit big to handle.

I just pay the monthly fee and play whatever I want on Spotify and don't worry about whether it was on my iTunes account.

If you have iTunes, music is clouded and you should be able to go into your iTunes account and reload all the music to the new device. Do the search under Purchased.
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    Im pretty sure you can't load spotify songs onto an ipod.

I pay £9.99 a month for spotify and still cant do it. I have the spotify app on my iphone though so can listen to all my playlists on there. But thats only if you are a paying member.

I don't mind paying for a subscription but I DO mind having to use my phone for everything!

I like my little ipod and I like that it's just for the gym. I keep it in my gym bag and never forget...
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    To sync to you iTunes, you have to pay the monthly rate for Spotify. Then you have to have the device plugged into a charger because the stream is a bit big to handle.

I just pay the monthly fee and play whatever I want on Spotify and don't worry about whether it was on my iTunes account.

If you have iTunes, music is clouded and you should be able to go into your iTunes account and reload all the music to the new device. Do the search under Purchased.

As long as I buy the subscription, I can get the playlists on my ipod?

Sorry, I'm pretty computer illiterate...
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't spotify. Even a 3rd gen ipod had to get the songs from somewhere. If you still have the computer that you synced the songs from then you're in luck. You can just sync them again and all will be right in the world. If you do not have the computer still, then I suggest that you just buy a new ipod. You're going to have to spend a lot of money anyway, you might as well come out ahead. Sorry.
  • amelia_atlantic
    Options
    The problem isn't spotify. Even a 3rd gen ipod had to get the songs from somewhere. If you still have the computer that you synced the songs from then you're in luck. You can just sync them again and all will be right in the world. If you do not have the computer still, then I suggest that you just buy a new ipod. You're going to have to spend a lot of money anyway, you might as well come out ahead. Sorry.

I had a feeling...

I got this ipod about 3 computers ago.

UGH! Electronics!

She had a good run, though.