Just starting my "new life journey" and looking for friends!

Options
Hey there! Just joined yesterday - got through my first day 500 calories over but it is OK!!! I'm not gonna beat myself over it because I know any other day I would've been 1000 or more over, so I did good in my eyes!! I have boy/girl twins, they're 6 months old. I've struggled for as long as I can remember with my weight. The lowest weight I remember is being 280 back in 2003. My highest weight was 450lbs and I am headed right back there and I don't want to go back there. So, I decided to attempt to do something on my own in hopes of doing something great. I Had a doctor's appointment in December and the doctor I saw told me the only way I was going to lose weight would be by surgery because of my genetics. I have never wanted to prove someone so wrong in my life!!! I KNOW I can lose weight - what I need is someone to push me, to stay on me, to make sure I'm doing well!!! I apologize for rambling, so I'll end here!! Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking to you!!

Replies

• Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! :happy:
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    You have taken the first step! YOU can do this!!
  • irishkittie
    irishkittie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm new here too and a mom. I think support and encouragement is really going to be the key to making this work.
  • spizzybop
    Options
    Thank you all! I know I can do it! Knowing people who are taking this giant leap with me helps!!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! If you want added support feel free to add me:)
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too am just starting this fitness pal. I'm not overly over weight but I definitley know that if I keep eating the way I am, I will be. I basically want to lose 20 pounds and tone up. I am a mother of a little boy and am so busy all the time! I find it difficult to commit to diets and exercise...any suggestions?
  • themommymonster
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :)
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was 320 at my heaviest, and by eating healthy and light walking, I was able to get down to 160. I have gained 40+ but in the past 5 years I have not gone about 210 and that has been just from healthy eating (and I do at times eat a lot haha)
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This is a great tool to use. Just don't beat yourself up when you have a "bad day". They happen. I lost 50 pnds last year and have 50 more to go plus some. The little changes make a big difference. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    welcome to the mfp family anyone can add me for this life journey
  • christinewilli
    christinewilli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome =D I'm fairly new here myself, but just wanted to say welcome, you CAN do this! Please feel free to add me :)