New to you!

Options
Hi all,
I've been here for about 3 weeks, just haven't posted an introduction. I'm Andrea and I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA. I was running pretty recently and developed a shin splint on one leg. I blame my old Skechers Tone-Ups on that one. I shoulda known that it would happen but I did it anyway and now I'm confined to yoga to stretch out that bad boy. Even a light walk at the mall put me in pain yesterday!
Anyway, I've done Weight Watchers two separate times, LA Weight Loss once, and they worked...until I quit and rebounded. Then I gained the weight again. This time, I'm just not doing the yo-yo thing and instead just choosing to live healthier for myself and as a role model for my 15 month old daughter. Speaking of which, she's getting into my make-up drawer, so I gotta split like a pea!

Take care!
Andrea

Replies

• islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I do hope that you recover soon and get a new pair of running shoes.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sorry to hear about the shin splint; always sucks to get stalled like that.
  • andreak400
    andreak400 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I did get new shoes and didn't skimp this time. Asics Kayano 19...at $150, they better stop the splints, make me lose 50 pounds by wearing them, and I better find a unicorn pooping out rainbows in my backyard! :)