What is best to put your acitivity level at?

Options
I have mine at sedentary because I don't actively work out. I am seeing though that some recommend to put it at light activity. Any suggestions? I am a full times student and mother so the most I feel I do is clean my house but I am not sure that is exercise lol

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have mine at sedentary because I don't actively work out. I am seeing though that some recommend to put it at light activity. Any suggestions? I am a full times student and mother so the most I feel I do is clean my house but I am not sure that is exercise lol

Mothers are generally lightly active.. the bigger thing generally is since you only have 25 lbs to lose, you should be aiming for no more than 1 lb per week.
  • Active37
    Active37 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had already changed it to 1lb a week. I want to adjust the activity to the best possible
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Yeah I had already changed it to 1lb a week. I want to adjust the activity to the best possible

How much are you losing now per week?
  • Active37
    Options
    I just now started about 2 weeks ago going to weigh this evening
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Sedentary is probably right. If you're in school full time, that's probably about the same as working a desk job, and changing it to something higher might be cheating yourself .:ohwell:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I just now started about 2 weeks ago going to weigh this evening

Just wait it out until you see how your weight loss is.
  • Active37
    Options
    Only thing I was wondering about is I clean my whole house at least 3 times a week and that takes several hours at a time so didn't know if that counted for anything