Exercise Opinion

Options
Ok so I have two kids, two jobs and limited time to workout. In your opinion, would it be best to do a 20 minute workout everyday or double up two 20 minute workouts every other day. I am currently switching my days with 30 DS and Zumba (20 min.). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• salcala
    salcala Posts: 19
    Options
    I would suggest the 20minutes everyday. This will help form the habit. Plus, if something was to come up you can double it up the next day. Hope this helps!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Ok so I have two kids, two jobs and limited time to workout. In your opinion, would it be best to do a 20 minute workout everyday or double up two 20 minute workouts every other day. I am currently switching my days with 30 DS and Zumba (20 min.). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you have limited time to workout I would recommend 20 to 30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3 times a week. You will love the results.
    Here is a link to an article about HIIT vs LONG CARDIO SESSIONS

http://www.livestrong.com/article/551893-the-fat-loss-from-long-cardio-vs-hiit/
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I did the P90X routine and then got so bogged down in time crunches after I was done (job, after-work activities, etc) that I ended up getting the 10-Minute Trainers. THOSE are fantastic because I can do one 10-minute trainer in the morning and then either one, two or three 10-minute trainers in the evenings when/if I get the time to do so, and I still feel the workout burn. I haven't been logging them because I've been doing a TDEE-20%, but I just got the FitBit Flex so it should log the activities for me.

I think doing something at any time is better than not at all.