Form on this move?

Options
Sunsh1ne
Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
I tried this http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/windshield-wiper-0 and it presented a problem. My hip-bones hurt from the side-to side motion, and I found that by the end of a set I had inchwormed my way about 2 feet down from where I started. Help! What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Slooooooowwwwwwwwww down. For one thing. Also, really press your shoulder blades into the ground. Make sure each movement is super controlled, and use your abs to twist and to pull your legs back. And if you can only have pressure in either your shoulders or your hands, go for your shoulders.

I'm not sure about the hipbone ache. If it's that you need to stretch more (hip flexors, etc.), maybe you could pull down on your knees with one hand (and look the other way) for a few reps before you do the ab workout. Does that make sense?

And then if you're still inch-worming, make sure you have space at the other end of the room! But unless you're pounding your hipbones on the floor, I can't think of any other reason for them to hurt. Hope that helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Thanks... the problem is that if I twist left, my left hip, in the back, where it's pinned down, is what hurts. So it's not realy a stretching thing. But! I will try to slow it down more! Because I did notice on the second set that the faster I twisted, the farther I inchwormed. Maybe it's because I have really wide hips, no matter how hard I try to pin the opposite shoulder down, the twist still drags the rest of me along.