Meal replacement shakes

Options
13»

Replies

• MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The whole diet revolves around low carb food, so its not loaded with sugar like Slim Fast and all that stuff. It tires to keep your carb intake below 100 grams a day in order to promote ketosis.

I applaud your weightloss but please be careful. Research I have read said that consuming a large quantity of protein and NOT consuming at least 100g of Carbohydrates does cause the breakdown of fat, but it may get to dangerous level that will start to damage your kidney's and perhaps even your brain. I just wanted to say something in case you did not know that this metabolic syndrome exsisted. :)

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/high-protein-low-carbohydrate-diets
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    EVERYBODY is different and EVERYBODY's body responds differently. Find what works for you. My dinners M-F consist of my gyms Peanutbutter Fantasy weight loss shake. I have been eating/drinking these religiously for the past 4 or 5 months. They are very satisfying, do not leave me hungry and so far i have averaged a 10lb loss each month.
  • Cobweb200
    Options
    tbh 3 days week with eating on the other four days may well work for you. I have used them in the past for busy times in my life or when travelling to stop me eating "bad stuff" If you do it for a month you will soon see if it is working for you or not without doing any harm. Assuming you have a bunch of weight to lose?

Take care
  • Inglesina94
    Options
    Hi, I use meal replacements the week days as I find them very convenient. I use the powder of one of the big 5 supermarkets for breakfast and lunch with a cooked evening meal and some fruit or yogurt snack in between.

My calories allowance is 1200 a day and I am finding a go slightly over every say, depending on what I am cooking for dinner.

The shake are very easy and convenient and save me having to worry about making lunch to take into the office every day as I do not want to spend £2-3 every day to buy something already made form the shops.

I started using them a few years ago and I was much more careful about my evening meals and the in between meals and I lost about 10KG. It has been sustainable as over a 5 year period I have put on about 1/3 of what I had lost at the time, thus why I am now keeping a food and calories diary.

Good luck.