4 months

Options
sigh. okay ive been doing this 4 months and lost 14lbs (i work out as well). im tryin to lose 19 more. and mymotivation is feelin like a ballon losing air. i was doing pretty good for a while there (ive had a few bumps, like yesturday and today for instance)....should i be losing weight quicker? :huh: anyone else feel like this? howd u get over it? no loss in like 1.5 month. just upped my cals from 1200 to 1300

Replies

• laberglund
    laberglund Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you chugging water? What are you workouts like? Just cardio? Strength and cardio mix? How long?
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    just upped my cals from 1200 to 1300

This is the key. You aren't eating enough. Run through the calculation on the following thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/804485-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in 4 months is a great, and healthy, rate. You shouldn't worry about losing at a higher rate. It took me years and years to get in a mind-set to lose gradually and to keep it off. We do all face set-backs. But health and fitness is a lifetime commitment with no finish line until the bitter end. When I remind myself of that, it helps me get through rough spots.

Just hang in there.
  • alliepee11
    Options
    I feel you on the losing motivation. when I.m having a hard time getting going, I
    like to go explore pinterest for me workout ideas, etc. How varied is your diet
  • dnhardy
    dnhardy Posts: 59
    Options
    I think you're doing well. You're so close to your goal now that even if you busted your butt it would still take quite a while. There comes a certain point where our bodies are "comfortable" at the weight you are at. Your job is to make it uncomfortable through a complete diet change or a totally different workout method.

And don't be frustrated... 14 lbs in 4 months is great when you're only 30 lbs from your UGW!
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do agree about upping cals. I just upped mine using the TDEE - 20% formula. But you're losing right under a pound a week on average, which isn't a bad rate at all. But since I upped my cals to 1700 using the formula, I've had consistent 2 lb per week losses
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    just upped my cals from 1200 to 1300

This is the key. You aren't eating enough. Run through the calculation on the following thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/804485-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Yup.
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    After initially losing some weight, I was working out more and getting stronger. Then I hit a wall, my muscles weren't changing as much and I was not losing weight.... my trainer told me to up my calories because my body was changing and NEEDED more calories to sustain...

basically my body was in starvation mode and was not changing anymore.

Try upping your calories more than just 100 calories. See, if it makes a difference.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am judging your picture wrong, but to me it looks like you would need to lose 5-9 pounds rather than 19... I think once the body gets close (within about ~5lb) to its ideal/normal weight, it is extremely hard to lose, because it just wants to be that way. (Plus reserves.)

When I used to be like 112 pounds and wanted to be 110 (don't ask me why) around the age 21-22, I remember struggling for months to get like 2 lb off...
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! :)
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Someone on another thread posted this:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

So, considering you had (14+19) 33lbs to lose, 1lb a week would be ideal... so 14lb in 16 weeks is fab!

Now that you only have 19 to go, 0.5-1lb is ideal theoretically.

Chin up, remember you're a whole stone lighter.. that's 14lb less your body has to lug around, way to go!! xxx :D