First step of my journey

Options
kittytrix
kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
Hello all. Well this makes the umpteenth time I have tried to lose weight, but this time I think my head is in a completely different place. I'm not losing to get into a bikini or to wear a great outfit for a special event or to compete with 20-somethings. I have come to the realization that I am the one with the body image hang-ups and everyone around me loves me the way I am.

So today it's my goal to lose the weight to be healthy and to be able to enjoy the feeling of being physically fit. I used to kickbox competitively, run every day, hike and climb. I want my kids to have a fit mom.

I hope to track my progress here and hope to make friends!

Thanks to you all.

Replies

• mariposadedios
    Options
    that's awesome! sounds like you are trying to be healthy for the right reasons - and that is what will help you make a permanent change that you can live with!

That is awesome you used to kickbox - I have always been very interested in taking that on some day - maybe you could get back in to it!

Good luck!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My asthma has held me back. I had a very bad on two years ago that landed me in the ICU with two collapsed lungs. I think I'm really ready for this. Next on my list: Krav Maga!