Insanity in the dorm!

Options
I just wanted to share because I am really freaking excited about this!

I like in the dorms and I am starting insanity and I know there are quite a few people on my floor as well as on other floors who are wanting to start it also. I got to a fairly small college and the dorms don't have a lot of space except for the lobbies which would be akward considering we live on the first floor and get a lot of people walking through. But then I got the brilliant Idea of using the conference room and is acutally just down the hall from us! Its pretty good sized, could maybe fit 10-12 people working out, more if we put all the tables down. Me or my RA are going to go talk to the Complex Coordinator about this hopefully tomorrow (he get pretty busy).

But anyway, I just think it will be a great way to motivate eachother and keep eachother on track.

With certain projects and events we can get a little bit of funding from the Complex Coordinator and If enough people go I think it would be really fun to do a drawling with some fitness/health related prizes at the end for those who completed the challenge or attended like 3/4 or more of the workouts.

thoughts/advice is more than welcome!

Replies

• LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    As someone who does insanity regularly in tiny hotel rooms and in an 8 by 10 room with furniture at home, I completely applaud your efforts!

I also sometimes modify stuff to make the space easier - like for the suicides, instead of running back and forth I touch the floor, do like 5-7 quick steps underneath myself (like in the "football wide stance" exercise), then touch the floor facing the other direction.

Good luck!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    wow that sounds terrific! i am starting college next year and was worried about the 'freshman fifteen' however this definatly gives me hope in continuing a healthy lifestyle. having people to motivate you and encourage you would be ideal. goodluck in recieving the prizes! :)
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    wow that sounds terrific! i am starting college next year and was worried about the 'freshman fifteen' however this definatly gives me hope in continuing a healthy lifestyle. having people to motivate you and encourage you would be ideal. goodluck in recieving the prizes! :)

lol I was in a few sports but never worked out until I got to college. Now I love working out and eating healthy, even thinking about changing my major to Kinesiology.

As long as you keep healthy snacks in your dorm (or where your living) and stay away from the unhealthy foods in the cafeteria you should be good!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    thats so great to hear! thankyou and keep up the good work!
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If it helps I do it in my dorm all the time. Other *****es are just jealous of the awesomeness if they complain.