How often do you treat yourself?

Options

Replies

• IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of treat almost every day. In a reasonable portion. There's really no need to deny yourself the things you love. I find that if I go more than a few days without a special treat then I'm more likely to binge on it when I do allow myself to have it.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    As often as I see fit.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Not enough
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have something everyday. i dont go crazy. but i fit some kind of treat into my calories daily. its kinda like my reward to myself for exercise. i also like to brag that i have lost weight and eat a lot of the things i like. just a whole lot smarter about it.
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day! I try to go for something small though and I usually manage to fit it into my calories goal.
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    This is more a lifestyle change than a diet so if it fits into my calories then I have it. I won't treat myself everyday though, although I don't really want to anyway.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Why don't you treat yourself to something that isn't food?

Dogs are rewarded with food - you are not a dog. Reward yourself with clothes/jewellery/something nice.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    As often as my girlfriend allows :laugh:

Seriously, though....I dont restrict specific foods from my diet. I just pay attention to how much I am eating.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    A treat for me is a binge. I've been doing it a lot lately. Trying to curb it. Traditionally, I have cheated once a week.
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    Why don't you treat yourself to something that isn't food?

Dogs are rewarded with food - you are not a dog. Reward yourself with clothes/jewellery/something nice.

I like this! I would rather treat myself to a new pair of jeans once I reach my goal :D
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't see this as a diet though. This is a lifestyle change.

That's exactly right. If you deprive yourself, all you'll end up doing is thinking about that which you are depriving yourself of. Then you'll end up gorging on it or something else. Better to just have it and then either work it off or make up for it the next day. I don't think that treating yourself once in a while is going to be noticeable. It's when you overdo it every day is when it'll show.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After a discussion with my dietician she says I should let myself have a treat (like a chocolate bar or something) once every three days or every 10th meal. I think this is quite acceptable, although I do have cravings for a little treat more often than this and sometimes I slip.

Just wondering what are your guys views on how often you treat yourself on the bad stuff? :P
    [/quote:flowerforyou:
    I do allow myself a treat when I really want one. If I am just having a passing thought "ooh I could go for..." I try to remind myself " everyday is not a special occasion". That is because I lived most of my life like everyday was a good enough reason to splurge.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The "everything in moderation" thing is BS if you ask me.I mean,if I buy a 100 gram chocolate bar,I'm not going to eat a third of it,I'm going to eat all of it because I just can't resist it,therefore it's better for me to not buy any.Besides,I feel like I can't let myself eat everything,like food that is full of sugar because I know it will fu*k up everything I've achieved so far.
    So,I decided to treat myself with a dr.oetker chocolate milkshake like two times a week or so,just to satisfy my craving for sweet stuff.The milkshake is not very high in calories,so I feel like I can afford it from time to time.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Eh, IIFYM blah blah blah... Sometimes I want to eat half a damn pizza. No way is that fitting my macros. So, I get a meal once a month that I don't care about. No counting calories, no worrying about fat, etc.

Same here. Most days I work something small in that does fit under goal. But once a week, I want an entire plate of biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes and butter, and then some candy afterwards. Thus I let myself do so.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat 500 calories over maintenance one day a week and it's usually ice cream
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The "everything in moderation" thing is BS if you ask me.I mean,if I buy a 100 gram chocolate bar,I'm not going to eat a third of it,I'm going to eat all of it because I just can't resist it,therefore it's better for me to not buy any.Besides,I feel like I can't let myself eat everything,like food that is full of sugar because I know it will fu*k up everything I've achieved so far.
    So,I decided to treat myself with a dr.oetker chocolate milkshake like two times a week or so,just to satisfy my craving for sweet stuff.The milkshake is not very high in calories,so I feel like I can afford it from time to time.

I course it won't work if you have an unhealthy relationship with food. You have to get those issues sorted out before you can ever learn moderation.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    everyday
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have some sort of treat everyday.. it helps my cravings..
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I dont' treat... I just fit whatever sweet I want into my daily calories
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Eh, IIFYM blah blah blah... Sometimes I want to eat half a damn pizza. No way is that fitting my macros. So, I get a meal once a month that I don't care about. No counting calories, no worrying about fat, etc.

Same here. Most days I work something small in that does fit under goal. But once a week, I want an entire plate of biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes and butter, and then some candy afterwards. Thus I let myself do so.

Exactly! When I eat I want to EAT! There's no point to eating one slice of pizza. I'll get hungry later and feel like I wasted my calories on nothing. Plus, some of the foods I like are just too calorie dense to fit into a normal day of eating.