Salad Dressing Alternatives

Options
I love salad.. just with tons of dressing :( The taste of lettuce with only a few teaspoons of dressing makes me want to gag, but I need to incorporate salads into my diet (they're easy to prepare, not expensive, good for you, etc.)

Can you guys list your alternative ideas/dressings/fixings to salads??

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've switched entirely to olive oil and balsamic vinegar, too much sugar and sodium in most commercial dressings for me. I use about twice as much vinegar as oil.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Get a tub of 0% Fage Greek yogurt, mix in a pack of the Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch spice mix. Only about 10 calories a tablespoon. You can add a dash of milk if you want to make it thinner, but that will still keep the count low. Plus the yogurt has no fat and some protein.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you have a good chicken marinade make your chicken with that and keep a little extra sauce for the chicken, eat warm over the lettuce and VIOLA! I use a cracked pepper sauce that I found with the Kraft Simple Salad kits, I forgo the dressing since it is good enough alone and lower in calories, plus the chicken adds protein.
  • suz2411
    suz2411 Posts: 33
    Options
    I make a honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar dressing...its delish and only 20 cals per serve!
  • es214
    es214 Posts: 41
    Options
    all of these are great!!! Thank you!!!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Good quality balsamic vinegar, pickled garlic and black pepper.
  • quietmama
    Options
    Brags apple cider vinegar
  • maryamhull
    Options
    If you can find it, Bolthouse has a yogurt ranch dressing that is 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and it tastes great. Also Lighthouse has a yogurt ranch that is similar in calories that tastes great oo.
  • es214
    es214 Posts: 41
    Options
    Tried some salsa on it last night.. WONDERFUL! Will be trying a lot of these ideas! Thanks everyone
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Salsa or cottage cheese
  • t_conatser
    t_conatser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use salsa on everything. love it!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I like half salsa and half plain greek yogurt mixed together. It makes for a creamy dressing with very few calories. I use that on taco salads.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    mustard, soy sauce, hot sauce...all mixed together
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar

Avacado and crumbled feta (or blue cheese)

Oil and vinegar (a little!)

Greek yogurt, avacado, salsa, garlic mixed together (great on crackers and veggies! So why not salad?)

nothing

that's what I use..
  • aehenson
    Options
    Walden Farms is zero calorie. I like the chipotle ranch!
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    walden farms brand is 0 cal, 0 fat, 0 carbs... most of their flavors sort of taste like cardboard, but I added hot sauce to their chipolte ranch and it was very good.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    oil, vinegar, and a dash of seasoning.

'Cavender's Greek Season' is the best. i'll put in on anything, especially salads. so good.
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump