New here

Options
Hi, Im new and trying to lose 10-15lbs but it has been very hard. i keep losing and gaining the same 5 with no luck. I workout about 5-6 days a week at least 30 minutes, still no budge! any suggestions on what has worked for others or what i should try!

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to change up your routine? Sometimes your body becomes accustomed to your workout and you need to do something a little different.

I struggle with this, too. I have seen some results by using the 30-Day Shred and mixing in some jogging and cardio three times a week. On the weekends I try to do something physical with my family. Last week it was lasertag!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd try fluctuating your calories too. It sounds strange to sometimes eat more but you may need to jumpstart your metabolism a bit. Just be careful not too add too much fat or carbs to your diet when upping your calories.... Ktty's idea of changing up your routine could work too! Anything different is good to shock your system every now and then.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am old school and it works! I would really take a look at your diet closely... I didn't check to see if you were male or female but if you are a male try to keep your protein around .7g/ lb of weight you are. Something to realize as well; 30+ mins of cardio is highly desired. Only after 30 minutes does your body relaly start to burn your stored fat, and this doesn't matter what sex you are. If you are female, I would suggest 40-45 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week, preferably 4 days (cardio for men is highly important too but normally 30 minutes is fine since the larger you are the more cals you burn). Also for a woman, I am guessing toning is something desireable so low weights at a high rep amount and I mean really high. Sets of 20 for curls and tri pull downs for arms, etc.

No matter your sex, message me and I can give you some really killer workouts that you will dig. Hope all is well!

Mark
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If you just started, give it some time to work. My body always holds on to those pounds at first to make sure I'm serious. After the first month of eating right and exercising, the weight begins to come off.