2 day sugar binge

Options
redheaddee
redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
Long story short. 1900 over on Friday with the help of wine and Ben and Jerry's heath coffee ice cream. This morning not off to a great start with 2 chocolate covered Cream Filled Krispy Kreme (my 4 yo made breakfast and let me sleep till 2pm. insert tears of joy here.) normally I am better able to manage sugars, I juice every morning with lots of fruits and vegetables during the week. Just seems the last couple of days i can't seem to get the leash on the monster. Any suggestions as to why the unexpected 2 day sugar binge and maybe some creative fun ideas to help get me out of this funk. Thanks
Sn NOT PREGNANT. Don't even joke. :indifferent:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Long story short. 1900 over on Friday with the help of wine and Ben and Jerry's heath coffee ice cream. This morning not off to a great start with 2 chocolate covered Cream Filled Krispy Kreme (my 4 yo made breakfast and let me sleep till 2pm. insert tears of joy here.) normally I am better able to manage sugars, I juice every morning with lots of fruits and vegetables during the week. Just seems the last couple of days i can't seem to get the leash on the monster. Any suggestions as to why the unexpected 2 day sugar binge and maybe some creative fun ideas to help get me out of this funk. Thanks

Prob can chalk that up to either deprivation or crappy will power and please don't use the juice without a doctors supervision unless you know what you're doing
  • redheaddee
    Options
    To clarify, my juice is fresh fruit and veg I juice and have for breakfast only.harvest seasons it is almost entirely what I have grown, and currently I throw greens in because they are on my garden. I dislike breakfast so otherwise will eat nothing.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    what did your 4yo make for breakfast? You could have a future chef on your hands.
  • casandrasdsd
    casandrasdsd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I totally had a carb binge two weeks ago but I stepped back and evaluated why I was I doing it. I was emotionally eating and because I can admit that I can work to not do it again. You have to ask yourself are you stressed, tired, lonely, bored...etc. etc. then go from there. My wellness coach said that not everyone is perfect but its best to find out what is making you binge then work to decrease the amount of times you do it. Good luck!
  • redheaddee
    Options
    what did your 4yo make for breakfast? You could have a future chef on your hands.
    Yea, he made krispy kremes...lol
  • redheaddee
    Options
    I totally had a carb binge two weeks ago but I stepped back and evaluated why I was I doing it. I was emotionally eating and because I can admit that I can work to not do it again. You have to ask yourself are you stressed, tired, lonely, bored...etc. etc. then go from there. My wellness coach said that not everyone is perfect but its best to find out what is making you binge then work to decrease the amount of times you do it. Good luck!

If a promotion counts...good stress though. Interesting.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yep, stressed, tired, lonely, bored. Those are the reasons I overeat. Loneliness is the worst one.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    please don't use the juice without a doctors supervision unless you know what you're doing

Off topic a bit but I'm just curious as to why you say this? I can understand if you're doing a juice fast or something I would definitely agree with seeking the supervision of a doctor, but why would you need doctors supervision to have a glass of fresh juice every morning??

To the OP - it doesn't sound like you've got a huge problem with it or anything..sometimes the sugar beast just unleashes. Chalk it up to a few wasted calories and move on :wink:
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Undereating then eating sugar (even a tiny bit) is usually enough for me. I make sure to eat around 2,000 calories and that has been good at keeping binges down. If I burn lots of calories (like yesterday, I ended up burning around 2500) sometimes I get crazy hungry and start to eat a lot, but when I add up the calories I really did need those extra 500.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options

Prob can chalk that up to either deprivation or crappy will power and please don't use the juice without a doctors supervision unless you know what you're doing

This. Deprivation usually leads to binges, I myself a victim every once in awhile. I'm good all week, sometimes too good, and then in my drunken state my logic goes crazy. Sometimes its trigger foods, sometimes its boredom, sometimes I'm just really freaking hungry. You have to find your trigger and control it.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Who sleeps until 2pm with a two year old ?
  • redheaddee
    Options
    Who sleeps until 2pm with a two year old ?
    He's 4, and someone with an amazing husband.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Maybe you are stressed or menstrating? Don't beat yourself up. It happens. Get back on track and maybe get the sugary stuff out of house? I am not a sweets person. My thing is salty greasy carbs. I find eating more sweet fruit helps with sweets cravings.
  • BayAreaBabe1
    BayAreaBabe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My experience is that if you eat sugar (or refined carbs like white bread, white rice...donuts!), you will crave sugar. Even if you are eating sugar and staying within your daily total calories goal this could create cravings. Of course there are always other factors to consider......pms, emotional eating, stress, etc. Give yourself a break and just get right back on board!
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose the weight you won't eat it lol. Nobody made you eat those doughnuts you chose to. That's what binging comes down to..overeating. You can choose to stop at one bad food or you can keep going and eat crap the whole day. Tip for not binging again is don't eat the bad food in the first place, look at it and say to yourself "I will regret this tomorow". It's all about having willpower.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Your 4 year old went to the store???
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    first just want to say that that was really sweet of your 4 yr old and your amazing husband :) I have one of those and every now and then i get breakfast in bed, and dinner cooked so lucky us

like every one said it was probably just the sugar moster unleashing on you LOL I go tthe freaking carb one on my back now but it seems that when I don't have carbs like bread, am admitting that is my one weakness, i will eventually want to eat nothing but bread once i eat enough it's gone and am back to eating normally. what am trying to do now is control how much bread am eating if i had some today i won't have any more until later in the week and work it off

it's probably nothing major so don't fret hun and ignore the haters on here too
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    what started the binge? Do you think that you might have slightly under ate on the carbs the day before or was it an emotionally weak point? The problem with me is once I allow myself even the smallest of bites it usually just snowballs. I have to all or nothing figure its going to be a cheat binge or totally abstain.
  • redheaddee
    Options

Your 4 year old went to the store???

Yours doesn't? Mine knows how to drive. A tractor, but nonetheless. :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    Options
    what started the binge? Do you think that you might have slightly under ate on the carbs the day before or was it an emotionally weak point? The problem with me is once I allow myself even the smallest of bites it usually just snowballs. I have to all or nothing figure its going to be a cheat binge or totally abstain.

What started it was a good book. And yes I should've had the willpower...blahblah I hate that willpower malarkey. Wanting something doesn't make it so, else I would have won lotto years ago. What actually happened is I sat with intentions of eating one serving, and sadly failed. So tomorrow is a new day, I am still 23 pounds, and like someone above said, no mind to the haters. :laugh:

Eta DOWN 23 pounds...that typo made me LOL