weightwatchers

Options
Hi Everyone...I left for a while.I went to try weightwatchers online for 3 months,I lost 9 pounds,Then I got thinking this is the same as counting cals so I am paying 17 a month for someone to count it for me!!!!I cancel it ! here I am.I was greatful I lost the 9 pounds,my fitnesspal does the same type of thing except weightwatchers use points.

Replies

• pinkroselady
    pinkroselady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing :o)
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    My daughter is doing Weightwatchers on line. I told her she should just use MFP. She says the fact she has to pay for it motivates her but I'd rather spend the money on a treat to reward myself when I've reached a target :smile:
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I payed for 3 months of weightwatchers online and never used it. I've had more luck with MFP than I have with anything else. :happy:
  • Sarah219
    Sarah219 Posts: 46
    Options
    Me too , i have done weightwatchers on and off for years , I have been doing MFP since end of Jan and i think this is much more of a useful tool , its so simple to use , I have been recommending it to everyone !!! I LOVE IT ...lol:love:
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am a life time WW. Go and weigh in once a month but use MFP instead of points.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is much more economically friendly. I was online WW for a couple of years and did great for a while lost 30 lbs but then wasn't as faithful so I couldn't justify spending the money on something I wasn't using. I've lost 12 here and am much happier losing weight here and not spending my husbands hard earned money on something I'm not using.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I think this site is great and even better because it's free. I follow points too i just tally them up after each meal entry and use the note section at the bottom to write it in for my own record.
  • jessicael
    jessicael Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love mfp, mostly because it's free and has so many great tools to use. My best friend and her husband have been doing ww for about 7 months and have both lost over 50 lbs and love it. They weight in every week and do an amazing job with exercise....I told her about mfp and we talk several times a week and share different things from each site. So to each their own!!! :)
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I love Weight Watchers! But I go to meetings which I personally find really good for me. Increased accountability, the fact that I'm paying money for it, AND I always find I get inspired at the meetings and find it a good time to refocus and regroup for the week. But I would never pay for the online tools, I think MFP is great! Plus I like the message boards here better than at WW. :happy:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I did WeightWatchers many years ago (before the points system) and yes it worked for me...at least it did while I stuck to the ridgid plans. I'm now doing Rosemary Conley diet and fitness classes, which I'm finding a lot easier to to do. When it comes to losing weight, for me its about being with people who are like-minded. Just my tuppence worth :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add, tracking the calories is soooo much easier via this site and I've recommended it to all my friends who're watching their weight.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used WW to lose 14 pounds three years ago and have maintained that loss since then. I was keeping the WW online membership to track and to read posts just to stay in the groove. The message boards were becoming increasingly filled with really nasty remarks. I realize that there were many posts that were just fine, but one day I just thought, "why am I spending $17 a month to keep sorting through message boards with really miserable, nasty people?" I was surprised to find that this site is free and most of the posts are very friendly and supportive. I'm glad I switched.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel that I was learning to eat healthy with WW because I don't know how they figure out the points. On mfp I can see what the nutrients are and I can try to tweak them. Since WW is a commercial site I can understand from their point of view that they want people to stick with them and be dependent on the point system, but I'd rather not. I also find that their frozen foods are quite expensive and loaded to the hilt with sodium. Although I sometimes buy them for the convenience :blushing:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was thinking of joining weightwatchers on line - in fact I was waiting for pay day (21st ) to send off my subscription. After reading all your comments tho, I think I might leave it for a for a while and try and lose weight with MFP instead. Not having much luck so far, I seem to do well during the day but overeat at tea time. I felt awful last night, I had eaten too much - I don't know what is wrong with me lately.
    Anyway today I'll start again - the sun is shining - I always feel better when the sun shines- and I will try not to overeat!! I will have to remember I am not on a diet, I am into Healthy Eating lol

How's everyone else doing?

Best Wishes
    Viv
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I tried weightwatchers on line and I found it was too much food for me to eat, if I followed their meal plans. I like counting calories much more. And why pay for what is free here.
    susan
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 pounds with Weight Watchers almost 10 years ago and had maintened the loss all these years until a pesky 10 pounds has crept back on and won't go away no matter what I do. I decided to give MFP a try and in one week I've already lost 2 pounds. It's probably only water, but its a good jumpstart. I find that actually seeing the calories and fat grams help me to make better decisions. I've actually been doing the WW points along with MFP as I'm curious to see the difference. With MFP it seems like I get more calories, but it's jumpstarted the weight loss. I guess after 10 years of the same thing my body needed something new and i think I like counting calories better than trying to figure out the points values, etc.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I just canceled my WW membership last week too. I have done it off and on also. I lost about 40 lbs on it in 2002-2003, but have since gained it back. I started going to meetings and using the online tools since Sept 2009. But I already know what they're telling me at meetings. I know how to eat and that I need to exercise and if my mind & heart aren't in it 100% it's not gonna work. Why pay for it? There is a ton of support here. And I thought the accountability of weighing in in front of someone would help...it didn't. And if your honest...there's accountability here too.
  • upinheavan
    upinheavan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I just Joined on april 17th and ive lost 5.2 pounds Its working for me ...goodluck to you