HELP!! 1100 calories left today and need advice.

Options

Replies

• newfette81
    Options
    I suggest that you start eating breakfast to have less calories at the end of the day. even something small to get used to eating breakfast. there was a time when I couldn't stomach the thought of food in the am but now I'm fammish without breaky
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    11 Bud Lights should do it

Make it Miller and I'm there
  • XanthePersephone
    XanthePersephone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat up to 1200 calories in a day you won't see the weight loss. Try to keep eating until your intake is at 1200. If you want your net calories to be less than that still eat at least that many calories but exercise some of them off.

Oh, and might you just be plateauing?
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    I just looked my Sodium, I averaged all 7 days and was at 3126 mg/day........so clearly over 2400 mg. Today I am at 1541 mg.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    * scoops of natural peanut butter, protein powder mixed with greek yogurt, an avocado, some meat....
  • teresasfreeland
    Options
    First of all, I love your photo, very inspiring. Your breakfast looks like it consists of vitamins and coffee. It generally is not a good idea to have no breakfast, then load up on calories at the end of the day, especially processed carbs like mac and cheese :) I would try eating far more calories for breakfast, then taking it easy at dinner with veggies and protein. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it...
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    If you don't eat up to 1200 calories in a day you won't see the weight loss. Try to keep eating until your intake is at 1200. If you want your net calories to be less than that still eat at least that many calories but exercise some of them off.

Oh, and might you just be plateauing?

I doubt it since I literally just started exercising and watching my diet two weeks ago.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Take an apple, scoop out the center and throw some peanut butter on there. You get your protein and some fiber and it's delicious.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    As for last week, it was most likely water weight. That could be for a variety of reasons.

As for today, choose something you enjoy that is calorie dense. Being a little under won't hurt, but you should try to get pretty close. Or you could just eat past 7 pm, there's no reason not to if it fits your calorie goal.
  • michelebatesposten
    Options
    Zaxby's grilled chicken salad with toast and dressing will get you there!\
    :smile:
  • nroseberry11
    Options
    As for last week, it was most likely water weight. That could be for a variety of reasons.

As for today, choose something you enjoy that is calorie dense. Being a little under won't hurt, but you should try to get pretty close. Or you could just eat past 7 pm, there's no reason not to if it fits your calorie goal.

I don't eat past 7 because it keeps me up at night. It has been 5 years of working on a healthy sleep pattern and this is one habbit that I stick too.
  • LouPsych
    LouPsych Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar spot last night. I made Migas (recipe from Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans) for dinner - 400+ calories, had protein drink, and then some PB2 on a protein bar. I was STUFFED and still under in calories but didn't allow myself crap.

My goal is to meet my daily calories (1300) and leave the calories burned from exercise alone. I have 90+ pounds to lose, am losing pretty steady, and feeling better than I ever have.

I'm with you on the late night eating, except I try not to eat after 8 p.m. We just had a late lunch (3:30), so won't eat until 7:30 or so. I still haven't exercised - that's planned for 6.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    1/2 of an avacado will provide approx. 400 calories and loads of nutrients.

That must be a gigantic avocado!
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Definitely best to have something in your stomach besides caffeine when you take so many vitamins! Agree with the salad suggestion so you don't feel bloated and overloaded from the (delicious) mac and cheese- or, maybe a sandwich with lean protein (or low fat, all white meat turkey burger), avocado, etc? Lots of yummy things out there, but definitely important to keep your calories up during the day, especially if you are trying not to eat after 7pm!
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing, haha.
  • nroseberry11
    Options

Congrats on your weight loss!! What an accomplishment!

Maybe you can provide some insight onto the calorie defecit.....do you recommend eating back your calories that have been spent through exercise?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I just looked my Sodium, I averaged all 7 days and was at 3126 mg/day........so clearly over 2400 mg. Today I am at 1541 mg.

That could certainly be a factor.

And I can empathize with planning meal response to sleep hygiene. I have a sleep disorder and NOT eating before bed disturbs me so I tend to skew more towards eating at night and not in the morning. You may want to add more calories in the am.
  • LaraDaPe
    Options
    I would stick to eating clean food that still has a nutritional value. nuts are great and as they are rather high in calories it would be an easy way to bump up the calories. otherwise maybe make yourself a clean chocolate mousse from avocados? sounds weird but is really delicious :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMM mac and cheese sounds so good some calcium rich milk and cheese over some nice whole grain pasta with a dab of buyturic acid rich butter. Sounds like the perfect meal to use up your calories
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and call it a night!

Throw in some steamed veggies or go for a quick walk or jog in place and throw in some protein.

Jogging in place burns like 100 in 10 mins....simple, easy and FREE and burns the calories!

and ABOVE ALL DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP~

Be Kind and Gentle to yourself!

i think you got it mixed up... She has the opposite problem.