getting more fat in my diet

Options
I have my macro goals set at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. I'm doing well with my protein intake and end up going over on the carbs but not by much..this is something else I need to work on. My big problem is with fats...I would say I average about 16% per day instead of 30%. Any tips for getting more healthy fat in my daily diet? My diary is open if you wan't to see what I'm usually eating. Thanks!

Replies

• em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eggs and nuts. I've had a problem lately going OVER on fat because I eat eggs for breakfast and almonds for snacks all the time.

BTW your diary is not unlocked.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eggs, nuts, extra virgin olive oil. Simples!
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Eggs and nuts. I've had a problem lately going OVER on fat because I eat eggs for breakfast and almonds for snacks all the time.

BTW your diary is not unlocked.

Thanks for letting me know...should be fixed now =)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    all the ones listed and avacado
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Avocados! Tastes like eating butter! they are delish!. Nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil, and flax seed is also great
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    agree with above plus avocado! and person, I don't see anything wrong with a little cheese, dairy, protein, and fat
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Butter, put some in your coffee. I put 1 tsp of coconut oil in my coffee, with 2% milk in the mornings.

Buy full fat or 2% dairy. Instead of the 0% yogurt, buy full fat or 2% yogurt. Add nuts or avocado or cheese to your salads, use full fat dressings, add cheeses to dishes. When you have chicken, have a leg or thigh....eat a hamburger or pork chop. You don't have to stick to turkey....have some bacon or a steak. Doesn't take much.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I've been adding PB because I am always under fat
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Butter, put some in your coffee. I put 1 tsp of coconut oil in my coffee, with 2% milk in the mornings.

Buy full fat or 2% dairy. Add nuts ora avocado or cheese to your salads, use full fat dressings, add cheeses to dishes. Doesn't take much.

seriously, butter in coffee... I love butter, love coffee, not sure the combo sounds good though...
  • laughinggypsy
    laughinggypsy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    coconut oil. DH is taking 2 tbsp/meal as a supplement. I content myself with putting it in my coffee and whipping it for a few seconds in a blender--frothy deliciousness!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options

Buy full fat or 2% dairy. Add nuts ora avocado or cheese to your salads, use full fat dressings, add cheeses to dishes. Doesn't take much.

seriously, butter in coffee... I love butter, love coffee, not sure the combo sounds good though...

It's actually good..of course, I buy unsalted butter. I prefer coconut oil, but blended butter in coffee makes it frothy and creamy. Yums.
  • overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Butter is just cream with less liquid...
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm allergic to almonds and other tree nuts...bummer :-(

I think I'll start my adding more PB to my english muffin in the morning and olive oil to my salads and see how that goes. And eat more eggs! Protein and fat...yay!