Working in a restaurant

clcastro
clcastro Posts: 17
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I work in a restaurant and I go in at 5pm usually having to stay until 10 pm or later. I work like 4-5 nights a week (I'm a student) so even if I eat a meal right before I go into work, within the 5 hours I'm there I get hungry and there is no healthy food there so I try to bring healthy snacks but sometimes snack on the unhealthy food there argh, anyone have suggestions on better ways to go about curbing my appetite when I'm working?

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    I worked in a restaurant all throught college and now I still work a shift a week. It can be really hard not to snack on everything. Sometimes I will pack my dinner when I go in. I eat lunch around 1, have a snack around 3-4 and then eat my dinner I packed around 8 or 9 (or whenever we slow down). I drink A LOT of water while I'm there and sometimes I have coffee because that curbs my appetite. Honestly, not eating the food at work just takes a lot of willpower. You could also try taking it a day or a few days at a time and say to yourself, "I"m not going to eat anything at work for 2 days." Youll feel good afterwards and then after a while it will just come natural not to snack anymore.
  • clcastro
    clcastro Posts: 17
    thanks for the advice! I love the willpower strategy!
This discussion has been closed.