5'6" - 146 lbs, F/23 - need workout/diet buddy

Options
Sometimes I have my lazy-days and/or let the temptation overrun me. I've read that a diet-buddy can really keep one going by sharing with each other.
So I'm looking for a girl with similar height/weight as I am who would join me on my quest of reaching 125 lbs. :)

[Before anyone starts preaching about how I don't need to lose weight: it's about feeling good in my own skin, and even though I don't feel fat, I want to be fit and lose my belly-fat with dieting and exercise]
Rita

Replies

• Redpearl25
    Options
    well I am 5'4 and 138 lbs. My goal weight is also 125. When I started I was 170! Almost there, but I seem to have hit a plateau and keep fluctuating between 130 and 140! I really need to start exercising more, which I've completely slacked off on. Would love to have a diet-buddy! ;)
  • Bluedaisy82
    Bluedaisy82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 130 my goal is 118-120. At my highest weight I was 190 and my lowest was 121. I felt awesome at that weight but felt I had a few lbs of toning at the end. I had a lot of people telling me to stop working out so hard and they got in my head..errrr. Anyway I gained back some of the weight and now I'm ready to get into my bikinis :) I'd love some diet buddies also, it's great for my motivation.
  • Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    well I am 5'4 and 138 lbs. My goal weight is also 125. When I started I was 170! Almost there, but I seem to have hit a plateau and keep fluctuating between 130 and 140! I really need to start exercising more, which I've completely slacked off on. Would love to have a diet-buddy! ;)

Wow, you did well!!! And it's just 13 more lbs to go!
  • Qlow
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 130 my goal is 118-120. At my highest weight I was 190 and my lowest was 121. I felt awesome at that weight but felt I had a few lbs of toning at the end. I had a lot of people telling me to stop working out so hard and they got in my head..errrr. Anyway I gained back some of the weight and now I'm ready to get into my bikinis :) I'd love some diet buddies also, it's great for my motivation.

Congratulations, that is a lot of weight you lost, and I imagine you built up some nice muscles as well. Even after a few weeks of regular exercising I feel a lot better. I don't know if it's just placebo or not, but exercising does feel good. In my case it's just BEFORE I start I need a loooot of motivation and a half an hour 'preparing my mind' haha, so I get on it really hard. But after I finish my 3 miles running and I have a shower...it's the best feeling ever.
  • JuliaS90
    JuliaS90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 149. I started off at 160 and would love to get down to 135 as a short term goal and ultimately 125. I go through phases of wanting to lose weight, but would love to have some diet buddies to keep me motivated!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    i'm 5'3" & currently 142lb. my goal weight is 123lb :-) i started at 153lb xx
  • Qlow
    Options
    I just measured myself and I lost 3.2 lbs in the last 2 days. I'm pretty sure it's not good because it's too fast. I did the measuring in the morning on both occasions. Maybe it's just water, but Can it be if I drink 8 cups of tea a day (green tea)?
  • Qlow
    Options
    i'm 5'3" & currently 142lb. my goal weight is 123lb :-) i started at 153lb xx

Well done! We're almost on the same page, I'm 143.2lbs at the moment, aiming for 125 . You already lost 12 lbs, and I guess that motivates you a lot!
  • Qlow
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 149. I started off at 160 and would love to get down to 135 as a short term goal and ultimately 125. I go through phases of wanting to lose weight, but would love to have some diet buddies to keep me motivated!

I think we all need that. I will add you :)
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Rita. I can help. I'm also 5'6" and 146 pounds. My current goal weight is 130 pounds and once I meet that goal, I plan to set another goal for 120 pounds. How much weight were you thinking about losing?
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hi Rita. I can help. I'm also 5'6" and 146 pounds. My current goal weight is 130 pounds and once I meet that goal, I plan to set another goal for 120 pounds. How much weight were you thinking about losing?

Aw that's great, I will add you. 3 days ago I was 146.6 lbs, yesterday was 143.2 lbs and my short term goal is 130, than losing the last 5 lbs slowly, aiming for 125