What’s in a Chicken McNugget?

Options
Here's some cheery news I just read online: :grumble: :noway:

What’s in a Chicken McNugget?

You’d think that a breaded lump of chicken would be pretty simple. Mostly, it would contain bread and chicken. But the McNugget and its peers at other fast-food restaurants are much more complicated creatures than that. The “meat” in the McNugget alone contains seven ingredients, some of which are made up of yet more ingredients. (Nope, it’s not just chicken. It’s also such nonchicken-related stuff as water, wheat starch, dextrose, safflower oil, and sodium phosphates.)

The “meat” also contains something called “autolyzed yeast extract.” Then add another 20 ingredients that make up the breading, and you have the industrial chemical—we mean, fast-food meal—called the McNugget. Still, McDonald’s is practically all-natural compared to Wendy’s Chicken Nuggets, with 30 ingredients, and Burger King Chicken Fries, with a whopping 35 ingredients.

Replies

• AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn you were going to say something like beef and pork lol. I dunno why but that is what I thought. That is rediculous though.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    HA!!! Beef or pork........ Not so outrageous I think! :noway: :laugh:

"Mystery Meat", "Parts is Parts"......... all apply to these little lumps! :bigsmile: :tongue: