When do you do Insanity?

Options
What time of the day do you do Insanity?

Also when do you think is the best time of day to do it?

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I do mine first thing in the morning. I get up around 6am Monday to Friday and get it over and done with before work. On Saturdays I usually start abit later between 8 and 9am.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do you think its better to do it in the morning than at night?
  • beckiburt
    Options
    Apparently if you do insanity in the morning b4 breakfast its better for you as long as you eat within 30mins after exercise this helps replace your nutrients thats lost. Personally i prefer morning before brekkie as it wakes you up for the day. good luck with it.:bigsmile:
  • Summergirl_88
    Options
    I've not done insanity myself but I would think it's better to do your exercise in the morning. It's a great way to wake you up and put you in a good mood for the rest of the day. I think if you do it at night you'll be more likely to have trouble sleeping.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I eat too much when I work very late or am stressed or angry.

My other pressure point is when I have not eaten since lunchtime and then get home after 6pm - I crave so many energy dense foods that it is ridiculous. If I eat any carbs when I feel like this then I fall asleep with a lovely red glow in my cheeks!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i'm in week 8 of p90x. during the week, i workout after dinner (maybe 7:30pm) and on the weekends i workout in the mornings (about 10:00am) just do whatever works for you & that you will keep up with.
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do mine after work :)
  • cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do mine first thing in the morning. I get up around 6am Monday to Friday and get it over and done with before work. On Saturdays I usually start abit later between 8 and 9am.

I do the same thing so I don't have an excuse not to do it. It starts my day off right too. The only one I would consider not doing earlier in the day is Cardio Recovery just because it is easy enough and relaxing enough where I won't have to force my self to do it.
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    Thank you :) I think I'm going to try and do it in the morning/afternoon on the weekends my OH is off as I look after the LO while he does it in the morning before work then the rest of my day is spent running around after the little diva until bed time lol
  • MileHighScott
    MileHighScott Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The best time to do any workout program (Insanity, P90x, etc) is whenever you think that you will be most successful at sticking with it. If you hate getting up in the morning and force yourself to do it every day you probably won't stick to it. If you know that after work/school, you get tired/unmotivated, you'll probably get the same result.

Find whatever works best for you. It may take trying different times.

Good luck!! Insanity is an awesome program.
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    Thank you lovely that's great advice! :D
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing it in the mid to late afternoon but I might switch it up and do it when I get up in the morning. It really is all about when YOU can commit the time to do it.