Insomnia???

karen366
karen366 Posts: 141
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
In the last month or so, I have started having insomnia...it has been in the last month or so that I have really started exercising more as well. I exercise in the morning. I am finding though that I am having a difficult time not only falling asleep, but staying asleep(I am usually waking up at 3:00 am and not getting back to sleep.) I have not changed my bedtime it's still at 10:30...is it the exercising? I do not have an HRM so I am only logging calorie burn as an estimate..Could a calorie deficit cause insomnia?
Any help/insight is appreciated...

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    In the last month or so, I have started having insomnia...it has been in the last month or so that I have really started exercising more as well. I exercise in the morning. I am finding though that I am having a difficult time not only falling asleep, but staying asleep(I am usually waking up at 3:00 am and not getting back to sleep.) I have not changed my bedtime it's still at 10:30...is it the exercising? I do not have an HRM so I am only logging calorie burn as an estimate..Could a calorie deficit cause insomnia?
    Any help/insight is appreciated...

Wow, so sorry to hear that! This is exactly what's begun to happen to me, every night at 3am for about a week. Eating healthy, excercise, plenty of water. Don't know what changed the sleep pattern. I was sleeping really well.

I hear you want to not have any stimulation about an hour or so before you head to bed. So no TV, no computer, no games, that sort of thing is what I've read. I'm guilty! I turn the computer off and head to bed, or try. lol But I did that before I had sleep issues

Dunno but hope we both get back to a regular sleep cycle, sorry so sorry I don't have an answer for you, but your post did make me feel not so alone!

When I was eating less than heathly (aka binging on crap) I could sleep at night but no doubt from all the chemicals and the food just put me out. :bigsmile: Not going back though, I'll figure this sleep thing out!

Hope you get some good rest soon:heart:
This discussion has been closed.