Newbie at the gym and loving it!

Options
My Planet Fitness finally opened up last Thursday night. I took off Fri for a vacation day at work since Monday is a Holiday for a 4 day weekend so I hit the gym for the first time ever in my life Friday morning. They were nice and showed me around and showed me how to use the equipment for cardio and strength training. I spent 75 minutes on cardio on Friday. Wasn't able to go on Sat. but made it there Sunday and spent 80 minutes on cardio and did some of the weight machines. I think I was there for 2 1/2 hours! Headed there this morning, got there around 9:30am and didn't leave till 12:15pm! I did have a trainer appt that took an hour but did 50 minutes of cardio and then did all the weight machines afterwards. I love it! I have so much energy now. I was working out at home and doing alot of walking for the last year or so but this is so much different-going to a gym. I have a plan to do weight machines Mon, Wed and Fri and cardio after that and of course a quick 10 minute cardio warm up before the weight machines on those days. On Tues and Thursday will do cardio only. Will head there after work each day. I will stil continue to walk at 5:30am and on my lunch hour also along with the gym workouts!

Replies

• ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's terrific news. I joined a gym a couple of weeks ago and am going every time I have a spare hour. I am really loving it. The one i go to is open 24 hours so it's nice to know I could go there at any time of the day. No excuses :)